Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera Is Not Alerting

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
sspinner
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 3 cameras.  All 3 were working fine for about a month.  1 has stopped alerting or recording to motion.  You can view live, so it is working.  It is located outside.  I have tried the Motion Detection Mode and turned the sensitivity up to 100%, still nothing.  I have taken the battery out for 2 days to try and reset.  Nothing works.  Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you please check all 3 cameras are on the same firmware version? Can you remove the camera from your devices and then re-sync it. Then re-add the rule for that camera to your custom mode(s)?

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I have gone through this several times myself with 2-3 cameras in my system. The only solution seems to be to remove it from your base and re-sync it. It's a royal pain and I just had to do it 5 minutes ago myself. My driveway camera could view live, but wasn't recording or sending push notifications. I have also had them where they would send push notifications and not record. Ironically, the one I keep losing most is the one that is closest to the base station AND plugged in, and it's also the only one that requires a ladder, so it's a royal pain to keep doing this.

Nimacster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doesn’t seem like 1080p

sspinner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, they all have the same firmware version.  I have deleted the device and re-sunk.  I truned on the audio alret and it works, just not the video.  Any other ideas? 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I guess that's all the user troubleshooting done. Contact Support at the bottom of this page and open a support ticket

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

this happened to me on vacation.

My pro 2 in one spot. It would alert, but not record.

now that i'm home, it works again. However, it's been triggered for audio events even though I've unchecked that option.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@JehovasFitness wrote:

this happened to me on vacation.

My pro 2 in one spot. It would alert, but not record.

now that i'm home, it works again. However, it's been triggered for audio events even though I've unchecked that option.

I had one camera where I saw that there were recordings triggered by audio despite setting up rules where no audio triggers were enabled. I checked the rule and it showed that somehow the audio box was checked and that motion sensitivity was back at the 80% default rather than the 92% I had set it at. I could only assume that a firmware update or something on the back end had reverted the camera back to the stock standard default settings

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

BTW.. I take back what I said about deleting and reinstalling. I suddenly had 2 cams that stopped this week and Arlo's only solution now is to replace the hardware. I doubt it's a hardware issue.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation