Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
QuantumDog46
Guide
Guide

A camera battery question. My Arlo Pro cameras, which are almost 2 months old, have been working well. Earlier this day, I check the battery levels using the Arlo app. They were all between 50% and 60% charged. An hour or so ago, I noticed the app saying that one camera's battery was depleted. Kind of weird but maybe someone left it in Live mode. I plugged the charger into the camera. When I checked the app, it said the battery was charging and was at 63%. Now, as I type this, it is at 95%. So, it seems like the app was wrong and the battery wasn't fully discharged or the camera wasn't reporting the state of charge correctly even though it did a few hours previously.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
QuantumDog46
Guide
Guide

This particular camera is inside the house at a temperature of about 71 F. 

After posting this question, I had a lengthy (2.5 hour) chat session with Arlo support about another issue. At the end, I asked about this battery oddity. The support person suggested either logging out of the app and then logging back in or removing/re-inserting the battery in the camera. The net conclusion is that the two weren't talking well to each other and that the battery wasn't really dead.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it particularly cold where you are currently?

QuantumDog46
Guide
Guide

This particular camera is inside the house at a temperature of about 71 F. 

After posting this question, I had a lengthy (2.5 hour) chat session with Arlo support about another issue. At the end, I asked about this battery oddity. The support person suggested either logging out of the app and then logging back in or removing/re-inserting the battery in the camera. The net conclusion is that the two weren't talking well to each other and that the battery wasn't really dead.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation