Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Highlighted

Arlo Pro 2 Battery Oddity

A camera battery question. My Arlo Pro cameras, which are almost 2 months old, have been working well. Earlier this day, I check the battery levels using the Arlo app. They were all between 50% and 60% charged. An hour or so ago, I noticed the app saying that one camera's battery was depleted. Kind of weird but maybe someone left it in Live mode. I plugged the charger into the camera. When I checked the app, it said the battery was charging and was at 63%. Now, as I type this, it is at 95%. So, it seems like the app was wrong and the battery wasn't fully discharged or the camera wasn't reporting the state of charge correctly even though it did a few hours previously.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Arlo Pro 2 Battery Oddity

This particular camera is inside the house at a temperature of about 71 F. 

After posting this question, I had a lengthy (2.5 hour) chat session with Arlo support about another issue. At the end, I asked about this battery oddity. The support person suggested either logging out of the app and then logging back in or removing/re-inserting the battery in the camera. The net conclusion is that the two weren't talking well to each other and that the battery wasn't really dead.

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Master

Is it particularly cold where you are currently?

Message 2 of 3

This particular camera is inside the house at a temperature of about 71 F. 

After posting this question, I had a lengthy (2.5 hour) chat session with Arlo support about another issue. At the end, I asked about this battery oddity. The support person suggested either logging out of the app and then logging back in or removing/re-inserting the battery in the camera. The net conclusion is that the two weren't talking well to each other and that the battery wasn't really dead.

Message 3 of 3