Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Janetteramsey
Star
Star

I have 4 wired cameras and 3 wireless. I’m read to take the wireless back. I’ve tried everything for example taking batteries out for a while, sensitivity is at 50 and I still only get 2 weeks. I never thought I’d get the 3 months advertised but 2 weeks??? That’s really bad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We have a new firmware that released a few weeks ago that addresses the battery draining problem. If you did not receive the update, you can go to Settings > My Devices in the Arlo app, and from there choose to install the new update. 

For information on this release, take a look here:

Arlo Pro - 1.092.0.17_25364 -26th September 2018

Arlo Pro 2 - 1.125.11.1_25366 - 26th September 2018

Arlo Base Station - 1.10.0.9_23037 - 26th September 2018

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
steve_t
Master Master
Master

How many recordings are you getting in a typical day? 3-4 months battery life is based on less than 5 minutes of total recording/streaming time per day

parnit
Tutor
Tutor

My arlo pro battery is draining very fast even if kept in offline mode. It is 50% in 5 days after fully charging it keeping the camera offline. Please help me how to fix it , otherwise will be forced to buy a new security system

parnit
Tutor
Tutor

Since he camera is off so no recordings are taking place, but battery keeps on draining?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our engineering team is aware about the rapid battery drain that some users are experiencing and is currently investigating the problem. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

Rito2
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue with my Arlo pro 4 cameras. I am on the fence now on if I should upgrade to the Pro 2's not after reading on here that issue is the same on the pro 2's as the pro.

Janetteramsey
Star
Star

I keep hearing that they are working on this issue but Idon't see  any progress and frankly I am glad I bought them at Costco because unless its solved within a couple of weeks I'm returning them.

parnit
Tutor
Tutor

I think Arlo is not concerned about its customers  . I have seen on this forum that Arlo has been promising that they are looking into this problem but till date no resolution has been provided

parnit
Tutor
Tutor

I am still awiting an update to my earlier question about the battery draining problem. Please let me know what ARLO has done till this date to address this problem

Janetteramsey
Star
Star

Arlo did an update. I'm at three weeks possibly four weeks with 85 percent. The update seems to have solved the problem

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We have a new firmware that released a few weeks ago that addresses the battery draining problem. If you did not receive the update, you can go to Settings > My Devices in the Arlo app, and from there choose to install the new update. 

For information on this release, take a look here:

Arlo Pro - 1.092.0.17_25364 -26th September 2018

Arlo Pro 2 - 1.125.11.1_25366 - 26th September 2018

Arlo Base Station - 1.10.0.9_23037 - 26th September 2018

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation