Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 night vision adjustment

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ToddV
Guide
Guide

Is there an adjustment or setting that would help with night vision recordings? Records perfect during the day, but once it gets dark, so does the recordings on cameras. Used to be able to at least see in what I would term, black and white, but now, you can barely make out any movement as recordings are so dark

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @ToddV,

Do you have a screenshot to show how it looks like when night vision is on from your camera?

ToddV
Guide
Guide

ToddV
Guide
Guide

Arlo camera 1.png

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure that your night vision is turned on from your Arlo Pro 2. You can read here to make sure your night vision is working: Is night vision working on my Arlo camera?

ToddV
Guide
Guide

I have 2 different cameras and I have switched between having night vision on and off. This photo is with night vision on. Both cameras show exact same darkness.

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Night vision is infrared and is only B&W.  The image you posted is in color, so the camera is not in night vision mode.

Also, the image you posted has at least one bright light source in the middle.  Looks like a lamp post. Looks like the bright light is preventing Arlo from going into night mode.

More importantly, Arlo is like any other camera with automatic exposure--having a bright light source in the frame will cause the camera to reduce exposure (based on the light source) and will darken the rest of the image.

Move or re-aim the camera so the bright light isn't in the field of view.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation