Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LornaA
Guide
Guide

I just recently programmed my 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras but have not mounted them yet. I'm trying to charge batteries via the battery charging station and it does not appear to be working. No status lights come on. I can charge an individual battery by pluging it in directly to power but why doesn't charging station work?

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sounds like your charging station might be faulty if the same power adapter and cable can be used otherwise to charge. I don't really understand how you're plugging an Arlo Pro 2 batteries directly to power though. The whole reason for needing a charging station is that you cannot charge the battery directly... unless you mean you charge the battery "directly" via the camera, in which case it isn't directly.

If you're sure the power adapter and cable are OK, can you take the charging station back to where you got it from for an exchange?

LornaA
Guide
Guide

Yes, you are correct. I am obviously not plugging the battery directly to power,  as there is no way to do that. I meant that plugging the cameras directly to power works, but not via the battery station.

I purchased a 5 camera bundle that came with the charging station from Costco, so I'm not sure I can get an individual item from that bundle from them. Does Arlo not replace these items?

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it was a bundle, all you can do is try to see if Costco will replace an individual item like the charging station. If not, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Going through Costco will be a lot easier. Not sure if it's still the case but an Arlo RMA often means you have to pay for your own return shipping of the good plus securing the dispatch of the new item with a credit card. If you're good with those things, you can contact Arlo Support, but otherwise just go through Costco

LornaA
Guide
Guide

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation