Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NYGiantsAlex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is my issue out the blue 1out of 6 cameras went offline, I've re-synced it numerous times and after 10-15 minutes it drops out. I've switched the battery out with 2 other cameras no change. The other thing I noticed is the only way to get the camera to cycle on off is when you pull the battery out opening and closing the cover doesn't cycle the LED lights. Lastly I am able to keep it synced as long as I have it plugged into the charger, but this is no good to me since its located outdoors. My system is 4 months old and never had a problem, any suggestions on what is wrong with camera?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or the location.

Opening and closing the battery door does nothing since there's no battery contacts on it unlike the original wireless cameras. Reinserting the battery is the only way to break/make the connections.

NYGiantsAlex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply I did what you suggested trying a different location even closer to the base station and still have the same problem. I'm thinking its a camera issue because when it goes offline the red LED's don't even come on even when you walk or swipe your hand across it to activate it by motion almost as if its totally dead. It works for a very short time after taking battery out and then back in.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're sure the battery is charged, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

NYGiantsAlex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I'm sure the battery is fully charged, I'll open up a case with support thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation