Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Base Station Connected to my Netgear Nighthawn by Ethernet cable flashes Amber

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
carusela
Follower
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk R7800 Router and Arlo Pro 2 wire-free camera

Hi,
My Netgear Router Which Plugged with my Arlo Base Station by ethernet cable Always Flashes Amber on my router
(P.S Everything Works Fine with the camera [All three led's are green] and other device connected to my router except the ARLO Base Station)

I've read in the router manual that when Flashes Amber it's limited to 10 mgb.
Can Anyone help me solving this issue

Thanks
Please Advise .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Usually the amber LED on a router means it's connected at 100Mb/s. The flashing is due to network access - steady means no access at the moment.  100MB/s is all thats needed due to the throughput of the cameras, even if several are recording at once.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Usually the amber LED on a router means it's connected at 100Mb/s. The flashing is due to network access - steady means no access at the moment.  100MB/s is all thats needed due to the throughput of the cameras, even if several are recording at once.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I've read in the router manual that when Flashes Amber it's limited to 10 mgb.

The answer is as @jguerdat explains it.

There is a manual for the R7800 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R7800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

You will see (page 10) that it says "amber for 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps Ethernet connections".

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation