Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Base Station Cannot Connect to Internet

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AwesomeIcey
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I've had an Arlo Pro 2 System for several months now.  I purchased around Christmas time.

About a month ago I started having issues with network connectivity of the cameras.  Sometimes they would be okay but often they would show as offline in the app.

My original network setup was Arlo Hub > Orbi AC3000 Router running as an AP > Cisco SG200-26 Switch > Cisco RV042G Router > ISP Router in Bridge Mode > Internet

Orginially I was not having any issues with this configuration, I've removed all the hops I can in troubleshooting.

The past weekend I've been trying to correct this problem and I have not been able to solve it.  I've tried the steps below:

• Moved the Arlo hub to another room where I could plug direct to a drop not through the Orbi router.
  • Changed the network cord between the Arlo hub and the wall.
  • Plugged the network drop directly into the router, bypassing the switch.
  • Quick factory reset on the hub.
  • A long factory reset on the hub as I read here, holding the reset button down for 30 seconds.
  • Explicitly opening ports, 80, 443 and 123 outbound.
  • Opening all ports outbound and inbound to the Arlo local IP Address.

Even with all these steps I am not able to get a stable network connection.  It is difficult to get it to stay online long enough to even add it to the app again and now that I have added it I'm not able to re-sync the cameras.  I can ping the hub from my computer and do not lose packets but replies are typically between 200-1000ms.

Appreciate any help or advice.  It's become frustrating trying to get this working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Good you got the base sorted. When I've had a camera that won't sync or that continued to drop off, I've found it to be due to interference from my wifi. Some people have changed the channel of their 2.4GHz network on their router and restarted their base station (to follow that channel) to good effect. I merely moved my base station another foot or so away from my router and the camera sync'd immediately and hasn't dropped off since

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What are the LEDs on the base station showing?

Easiest thing in this situation seems to be taking the base station to another location and plugging into their basic modem/router. If it works fine (which most seem to), you know it's a network issue. If it doesn't work there, you know there's a hardware issue with Arlo

AwesomeIcey
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply, late last night I finally stumbled upon the problem.  There was a misconfiguration in my DHCP settings which was causing a conflict with the Arlo Hub.  The connection is generally more stable, light behavior didn't really change, green mostt of the time, the internet light flashes periodically like a network port on a switch and then goes back to green.  When I was having the connection issues it would sometimes go orange but not always.

I'm still having issues reconnecting the cameras to the hub, I spent about 2 hours last night pulling batteries and going through the sync process, I was able to get 3 of the 4 to connect eventually but the last one is not connecting.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Good you got the base sorted. When I've had a camera that won't sync or that continued to drop off, I've found it to be due to interference from my wifi. Some people have changed the channel of their 2.4GHz network on their router and restarted their base station (to follow that channel) to good effect. I merely moved my base station another foot or so away from my router and the camera sync'd immediately and hasn't dropped off since

AwesomeIcey
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, I will give that a try.  I did try to turn off my Orbi and sync the camera as I considered that interference may be an issue... we're in a pretty dense area so there's quite a few overlapping networks that could be a problem as well.

AwesomeIcey
Tutor
Tutor
Got it! Had to take the hub into my basement and unhook the other wireless but it finally synced. Thanks for the help!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation