Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Verification before purchase

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
thbrewst
Follower
Follower

I am looking to get a couple of Arlo Pro 2 cameras to monitor our front door and driveway as neither are easily visible when inside the house.  In both cases I want to get notifications to a mobile phone when movement is detected in a specific range.  I have a few questions before purchase to ensure that this set-up will work for me;  BTW, in both cases I plan to have the cameras plugged in so I can access the more advanced features.

- What exactly is contained in a 'notification'?  If someone approaches our front door and rings the bell do you just get a text notification or do you immediately (and easily) have access to the video feed of who is there?  I see the information about recording to the cloud, but also want to understand how that meshes with live video access.

- Related to the above, how many mobile devices can be notified at one time?  Just one, or more?  Do iOS and Android devices both seem to work well or is one notably better supported than the other?

- If the camera is plugged in and the battery is still installed, will the camera seamlessly switch over to battery power if the the wired power is lost?  Does it switch back when power is restored? 

- Does being plugged in charge the battery?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.

2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

A notification alerts you to movement at a particular camera. You then need to go to the library to see what was recorded. Arlo is great at many things but it is not a door bell type system.

As many devices as you have granted access to can get notifications. Works well on both Android and IOS.

Yes, seamless hand over between battery and AC in both directions. Plugged in does charge the battery.

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If you get arlo smart (36 bucks a year) you dont have to go to library. It will give you a notification and a screenshot of what caused the motion. This will be on your lockscreen on your phone. If you tap on it it will automatically go to live view. Not sure how many phones you can have it set up on but i have it on my phone and my wife has it on her tablet. I dont think you both can be logged in at the same time though. Not sure. The arlo smart will also let you decide if you want to be notified of cars or just people or both. Works good for me because i live on busy road and only want notifications if someone walks by or up to my door. It also has activity zones so you can be notified only for certain areas.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation