Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Base Keeps Going Offline

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice

New 4 camera system.

VERY frustrating problems

Updated all cams and base to current ver.  Base stays online for a few minutes (solid green light) then starts blinking.  According to manual blinking means it is loading new firmware.  Have waited 2 hours and it still doing this.  Have managed to sync the 4 cameras in the sort times it is online.  But they constanly show offline  - although amazingly they occasionally detect motion even though "offline"

Searched forms.  One said to set dns to google (8.8.8.8).  I did that; no chnage  Another forum post said solution was reboot modem.  I did that, green light still blinking

Have reset, chnaged ether net cables,, powered on and off..  Stuck a pin in the reset and did it all over again; same issue.

I think I made a mistake buying this thing with all the problems reported here.

How can I make the base stable?  *It is 3 feet from the verizon modem with the included ethernet cable

1.12.0.0_27099

9 REPLIES 9
Pucquico
Initiate
Initiate

base satation offline even with 3 green solid light, reset, on & off the modem & the base station still not working..please help..i just bought it last april 2018

Dannybear
Master
Master

I am also finding issues with the base unit. If I reset the base using the app then it unable to connect to the internet unless I unplug the power for a minute and reconnect. Then it is happy after 10 mins.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dave32B,

Which status LED light is blinking? What are the LED's displaying after the system is on and booted?

@Pucquico

Did you reboot the base station or perform a factory reset?

@Dannybear

After you reboot the base station has it been operational?

Trust1421
Aspirant
Aspirant
Experiencing the same thing. Power cycle it off is the only thing that works it seems. All 3 lights are green...
Dannybear
Master
Master
@ShayneS,
Yes the base has been stable since the repowering. I reset the base again via the app and it reconnected ok.
Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice

center light blinks.  As I said the manual says this means it is loading firmware or booting.  Cameras (all with good signal) randomly say they are offline (yet they detect motion and send notifications).  

Ive rebooted.  Ive changed router dns to google as suggested.  Ive factory reset and started all over.  Same problem persists.  Appears to be unreliable SW

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Dave32B,

The middle light ( internet ) light will blink. This is only an indicator that it is communicating with the cloud. What devices/phone are you using when the cameras say they are offline? 

Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice

The middle light blinks and intermittantly goes off.    The cameras show offline in the android app, but they still send notifications.   Appears to be working, just reports that it is not

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Internet LED will blink when network access is occurring.It should never go out except for during that blinking (much less than 1 second, maybe .25 second).

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation