Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Activity Zone #2 Is Not Detecting Motion

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
retsteve
Tutor
Tutor

I have 2 activity zones 1 large zone (working fine) and a smaller one which overlaps zone 1 a bit.  Zone 1 triggers motion fine however zone 2 does not.  This is a powered unit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

retsteve,

Have you tried to reboot your base station & test again? Have you tried to create this zone on the Web Portal or the  Arlo Mobile App?

retsteve
Tutor
Tutor

Shayne,

Yes I have tried the reboot with no change.  The 2 zones were created on the Web Portal.

Steve

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

retsteve,

Can you try to delete these zones & re-create them in the Arlo Mobile App and test again.

retsteve
Tutor
Tutor

Tried it with no change.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it possible to adjust the 2nd zone with the issue a bit larger or smaller & see if this triggers the system.

retsteve
Tutor
Tutor

Shayne,

I have made both zones as close to the same size as possible and it still only wants to recognize only on of the zones.

Steve

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support

retsteve
Tutor
Tutor

Shayne,

I have contacted them and they did not have an answer but opened a case and have not gotten back to me. Thanks for your time.

Steve

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

retsteve,

I will contact support and let them know you have not been contacted. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving & Thank You for your patience.

retsteve
Tutor
Tutor

Shayne,

Thank you and same to you.

Steve

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation