Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 4230

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dburch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a base and 2 cameras installed. I am attempting to add on 2 more cameras. The base will not identify the camera. I was chatting with the cyber boy and typed in agent….. I got a live one but she had me reset my network on the phone and we lost each other. She had my phone number but did NOT call back. I have been through all the steps a dozen times and even tried to set up the new vase that came with the cameras (I had to buy it all again to get the cameras since they don’t make this one anymore. Nothing is working.
12 REPLIES 12
Dannybear
Master
Master

What are the model numbers for the new cameras? What is the model number for the old and new base stations?
If the old base station is a VMB3xxx it will not work with the newer model cameras.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

The latest cameras will connect to the wifi without needing a base station but you will need a subscription after trial period ends.

Dburch
Aspirant
Aspirant
The base station models are the same. They had me do all kinds of resets to my phone, even try a different phone. Still no set up.
Dannybear
Master
Master
So you now have a total of four arlo pro2 cameras and two VMB4000 base station, correct?

Were you able to add the new base to your account?

Had you tried using the sync buttons on the base and cameras to manually add them?
Dburch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried setting up the 2nd base , no luck. Tried manual sync. Camera started fast blinking then went off. Checked app to see if it was there or for next steps, nothing. Tried again, fast blinking blue then to amber. Will charge overnight and give it one one try before I return the whole thing. It may be because I have 5g internet, but my other two cameras work just fine….?
Dannybear
Master
Master
Regards the router wifi being 5ghz this would not be an issue, the base station uses it’s own 2.4ghz wifi network which is closed to all but the cameras.

When you tried the new base station, what were the LEDs showing?

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

If the new kit was second hand and had not been removed from the previous owners account you will not be able to add it to your account. You could try a factory reset to start with.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station
Dburch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a base (exact same model as came with these new cameras) and 2 cameras already synced to it. I want to add these two cameras to my existing base. Had to buy the base and 2 cams because they don’t make pro 2 anymore. It is a refurbished set.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I was suggesting you connect the second base station to the router to see what LEDs are showing, if they show that the base is still claimed by the previous owner then this might be the reason for your difficulties.
Dburch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. I think I am done. Boxing it up and returning it.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Probably the easiest approach, it’s not usually an issue to install new cameras.

Where were they purchased, might be helpful for other users to know who to stay away from.
Dburch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Refurbished from Amazon.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Are you going for an exchange or giving up?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dburch wrote:
Refurbished from Amazon.

I suggest exchanging - if that also fails, ask for a refund.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation