Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - 1st Day Review

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
armsil1234
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just installed the Arlo Pro2 - 4 Cam System.  1st day review. 

The 1080p resolution is good.  Much improved over the Pro1, but still cant read a cars license plate.  Guessing its due to the large viewing angle, of which it seems to have increased slightly over the Pro1.  Not sure if I placed the camera in a slightly better orientation or not, but it sure does seem to have a little more viewing angle to it.

The built in speaker has improved to a normal and usable volume level, but tends to lower itself after a few seconds of use, I sure a firmware update will fix that. 

3-second look-back feature is great, works perfect for me.  Sometimes I get a little more than 3 seconds, other times i only get 1-2 second look-back.  Some cameras have 2 bars of signal strength and dont seem to give any connection issues, only been 1 day of use so far.

Activity based motion detection is surprisingly good, seems to record on every small pixel change. 

Night vision seems to be the same as the Pro 1.

Not sure how much faster i use up my free 1-gig of storage space at 1080p, but time will tell. 

Overall much improved product.  Highly recommend.  Hope next years model is a 4K design. 

25 REPLIES 25
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've confirmed with engineering that the look back feature only requires the camera to be plugged in, CVR is not necessary. I've escalated this KB article for correction.

Thanks to the community for pointing out the error.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation