Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 internet speed requirement

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rickywu388
Follower
Follower
Since arlo pro 2 is 1080p for sure it would need more internet speed and load. If I would like to install 7 arlo pro 2 for the entire house. What is the internet speed requirement to support all 7 arlo pro 2 ? Also will the arlo pro 2 slow down my internet triffic of the entire house? My house download speed up to 110 MBPS and upload speed is around 12MBPS.
2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The tests I have done indicate that the file sizes on the Pro 2 are no bigger than those on the Pro possibly due to different compression techniques.

Your internet speed will be more than adequate specially seeing that it's highly unlikely that all 7 cameras will be active at the exact same time.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Streak2 wrote:

The tests I have done indicate that the file sizes on the Pro 2 are no bigger than those on the Pro possibly due to different compression techniques.

That's interesting.. I thought 1080p would yield a bigger file than 720p even slightly with compression not lower..  I'd like to know how this looks in "live view" vs "recorded" if any loss on 1080p quality then compare also in 720p.. Prolly' you won't see it much in smaller screen but try it in a big screen.. I'd like to find out if the recorded clips will yield in a 720p compression format for both.. If it is, then 1080p is only on "live view" not when recording.. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation