Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
iamcrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey guys,

Has anyone noticed reduced network performance over last couple of weeks?

I experience the below

1) After opening the app, the time taken to display "Live" button has increased. This is visible in mode page as well.

2) Geofencing recognistion is taking longer than usual. Earlier, my cams switch modes as soon I enter/leave the geo fence. Now, Home mode gets activated almost when I open my home door. And it turns to Away mode almost 2 minutes after I leave the geo fence.

My cellular data connection is very stable and I get great speeds.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

iamcrd,

Are you using the iOS or the Android mobile app? Do you have the latest version installed from the app store?

JamesC

iamcrd
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi JamesC,
iOS app and yes the latest version
Denniscasey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes same problem also I keep getting notification that my session has expired and have to keep logging back in very annoying performance should be getting better but getting worse as time goes on
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New versions of the iOS and Arlo mobile apps have recently been released addressing several issues.

Are you still experiencing the issues described above?

JamesC

iamcrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi JamesC,

Thank you for the follow up.
Ever since the latest iOS update, things have almost restored back to good. While geofencing has started to work again reliably, it is still slow to switch to Away mode when all devices leave the fence. Switching back to Home mode is quick though. 

iamcrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi JamesC,

Just an update on the above issue. After the recent iOS app update (2.4.9), Geofencing has started to work reliably well and the Away mode delay has vanished. Not sure if its a coincidence with the app update though.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation