Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just installed the new Arlo App for iOS on my iPhone XS Max and noticed that 3D Touch Menu options to set modes (Arm / Disarm / Schedule) are GONE!

Not sure if this functionality got removed with this particular release or before (I was running older ver 2.7.7 prior to this update), but with 5 base stations it is now really inconvenient to arm or disarm entire system quickly when needed…

Hey Arlo developer, how reliable is your platform? – Well, it works perfectly 100% of the time but only in some cases and if you are lucky!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Mobile app version 2.9 is now available for iOS supporting iOS13 and resolving the issue with 3D touch. Please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app downloaded from the app store.

For more information take a look at the release notes and knowledge base articles below:

Arlo iOS App - 2.9 - 19th September 2019

Will I need to reconfigure any settings after downloading the new Arlo app?

Why do I need to download a new Arlo app?

Why am I not receiving Arlo notifications on my iOS device?

JamesC

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
KravE
Star
Star

So tired of buggy releases. It's insane to take away the 3D Touch support. Honestly I'm getting tired of this very expensive system working occasionally. The biggest issue is that Arlo does not communicate with its customers. If they at least gave us a heads up or some sort of road map it wouldn't be so bad.

sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same problem.  I use 3d touch all the time.  Bring it back!

sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

It now works

TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

@sacornel wrote:

It now works

What did you do to make it work? It is still broken for me and there are no updates in Apple App store...

KravE
Star
Star
Doesn’t work for me 😡
sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice
I wish I had a solution. It didn’t work after I downloaded it, but once I left the house to go shopping, it started to work.
TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

@sacornel wrote:
I wish I had a solution. It didn’t work after I downloaded it, but once I left the house to go shopping, it started to work.

I'm going shopping for a new Arlo System right now. Maybe that will make it work! (unlikely) 🙂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're investigating reports from some users that 3D Touch is not available with the new iOS 2.8 version of the mobile app. I will provide an update when we have more information on this issue.

JamesC

KravE
Star
Star
Thank you James! I do appreciate the communication. Please keep us posted. Also, are there any plans for Siri shortcut integrations such as “Hey Siri mute notifications for an hour”?
TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just circling back to the problem with removal of 3D Touch support from the new iOS Arlo App. It annoys me more and more as I now have to go quiet a few taps to arm or disarm my 5 base stations when needed. While I do appreciate JamesC acknowledging the issue, it’s hard to agree with implication that only “some” of iOS users of the new app are affected (with obvious exclusion of users with iPhones without 3D Touch support). After testing for this new App on three more devices in addition to my iPhone XS Max (iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X, and iPhone XS) with exact same outcome, I’m pretty positive that EVERYONE who updated to the new version and did have 3D Touch working prior to that, now has lost this functionality. Do we at this point have target date for resolution? Not asking for new features. Just trying to get back something I have already paid for…

So many parts of Arlo platform running into regression issues with each end every release! What happened? Did they have to compose new Development Team after separation from Netgear? Did QA Team got downsized as the result of this re-organization? We, the consumers of this project, are unlikely to ever know! All is left for us is to pray that next firmware upgrade, which gets automatically pushed down our throats automatically and without any consent, does not “F” it all up completely and turn our expensive Arlo hardware into useless pile of junk…

TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update:

3D Touch started working normally this morning. No App updates. No changes on my end. A mystery… Thank you Arlo!

Physci
Tutor
Tutor
Still not working for me.
Physci
Tutor
Tutor

Now working. 

arshavin23
Aspirant
Aspirant

3D touch isn't working for me. I've opened case 41109972 with support.

iOS 12.4.1

iPhone 7

Arlo app 2.8 (909)

KravE
Star
Star
Still not working for me but does work on iPad? Firmware updates keep destroying my Arlo Pro resolution too. Looks like a tube tv from 1972 😡. Honestly wondering if I should switch to the Eufy cams.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Mobile app version 2.9 is now available for iOS supporting iOS13 and resolving the issue with 3D touch. Please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app downloaded from the app store.

For more information take a look at the release notes and knowledge base articles below:

Arlo iOS App - 2.9 - 19th September 2019

Will I need to reconfigure any settings after downloading the new Arlo app?

Why do I need to download a new Arlo app?

Why am I not receiving Arlo notifications on my iOS device?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation