Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LooneyLee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone notice that the IOS app does not show the charging percentage anymore? I swear it used to tell us at what percentage it is charged to when it is connected to the charger.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience about this. We recently released a new Arlo iOS app version, which should resolve this issue. For more information, read more here: Arlo iOS App - 2.23- 13th January 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know by creating a new thread.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
dcfox1
Master
Master

I still have the same percentage display in settings. 91% for an example. 

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I have the same complaint. It, in the past, showed the percentage while it was being charged. Now, it does not. Yes, you can see the current percentage of battery if it is not on the charger. But, plug it in and you have no clue how close it is to completion.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LooneyLee and KKS-Col,

You should be able to see the percentage while it is charging by going to the camera's Device Settings.

Could you share a screenshot where it does not show the charging percentage on your Arlo iOS app on your iOS device?

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

When the camera is on battery, I can see the battery percentage from Device Settings. When I take the camera down and plug it in for charging many of the items shown under Device Settings disappear, one of which is battery percentage. So you have no way of knowing how close the charging is to being completed. This is fairly recent since I have used the system for 3 years and it showed the percentage while charging for over two years of use.

I would try to send you a screenshot but the system is in my cabin, about an hour and a half from my home where I am currently. So, no screenshots now.

LooneyLee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have attached a screenshot of when the Arlo is off and charging, it does not show the battery percentage which doesn't let us know when it is fully charged.

When the Arlo is on and charging, it does show the battery percentage but it defeats the purpose as when I charge, I rather have the Arlo off so that it charges quicker.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, LooneyLee. Just to make sure, are you the main account holder or the grant access user? Are you able to see the percentage through the web client on your computer?

LooneyLee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am the main account holder.  I don't normally use the web client just use it through the IOS app.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

From looking at that screenshot again, it looks like you have your device turned off. Try turning on your camera and see if that shows the battery percentage.

LooneyLee
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is the issue I am trying to solve.  Before, when it was charging and turned off, it would show the battery percentage so you know when it is fully charged.  Now, when it is charging and turned off, it DOES NOT show the battery percentage.

Attached is a screenshot of the Arlo charging and turned on, it shows the battery percentage but my issue is that in the past it showed the battery percentage when the Arlo is charging and turned OFF.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Ditto for me, too. I don’t leave the camera on while charging. The camera is not in position to track what I want to see and it should charge more rapidly while off. The camera is on power and could report the amount of battery percentage whether it is “on” or not. This is what it used to do.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for all that info. Could you also answer the following questions below?

• When did the issue appear? Did it happen after a specific app update?
  • Does this happen on Android app or on the web client (on your computer)?
  • Do any other cameras show battery or is it just one camera?
KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Answers in order asked.

The change in information display happened a couple of months ago. Since I do not need to charge very often, I did not notice if it happened after a particular upgrade.

I have two instantiations for Arlo Pro 2 cameras. One set of cameras is at my cabin. For that I use my Apple iPad to manage. This is where I first noticed the change in information displayed. I turn off the camera; take it down; plug it in to the charger. After some period of time, I go to Arlo, click on the settings choice for that particular camera, and can no longer see any line item for battery, so there is no way to see the current battery percentage. Previously it showed the battery line and the percentage available. This is on the iOS system.

The second set of cameras is at my house and I use a Windows operating system (Windows 10) and the Firefox web browser. I follow the same process for turning it off, taking it down and plugging it in to the charger. Now when I open the Arlo app through Firefox, the settings show that the camera is “on” (even though it is turned off and the camera view shows it is off), and the settings show the line item for the battery with the percentage to which it is charged. In this case, I assume “on” recognizes that power is coming to the camera battery.

There are 4 cameras in each location. All of them show the same thing based on the operating system in use for viewing. It does appear to be operating system dependent.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the detailed message. We were able to reproduce the issue through the Arlo iOS app and reported this to the development team. We'll update the community when we hear any new information when the fix will come.

LooneyLee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for replying to Arlo KKS-Col and thanks Jessica for reporting it to the development team.

It was great to be able to see the battery percentage when it was charging and turned off so we would know when it was 100% and could unplug it and put it back up.  Missing that feature was just a tad annoying as I had to turn it on just to see the battery percentage, first world problem 🙂

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience about this. We recently released a new Arlo iOS app version, which should resolve this issue. For more information, read more here: Arlo iOS App - 2.23- 13th January 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know by creating a new thread.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation