Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App keeps forcing me to change my password

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rocket77
Initiate
Initiate

I really like the system but the support, there is none. I have successfully used the App but it continually forces me to change my password. Then it says “forgot?”, I don’t forget the password, Arlo does. I have tried to chat but the page has an error. Does anyone else have trouble with passwords?

3 REPLIES 3
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Rocket77 wrote:

I really like the system but the support, there is none. I have successfully used the App but it continually forces me to change my password. Then it says “forgot?”, I don’t forget the password, Arlo does. I have tried to chat but the page has an error. Does anyone else have trouble with passwords?

I have never had a problem with the passwords getting "forgotten" by the system.

Rocket77
Initiate
Initiate

Well, that was no help at all. Zero.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Rocket77 wrote:

Well, that was no help at all. Zero.

Sorry.  I was directly answering your last question in your original post.  

I also don’t recall ever reading a post from anyone having that particular problem.  If you have searched the community and come up blank, you could have a unique issue.

Are you using a mobile app, if so, which one?  Can you login via a browser?  Which ones?  (Some have recently been problematic.). Do you own multiple mobile platforms and are they all having this same problem?

Are you typing your password or copying it from a password manager and pasting it from the clipboard?  Or allowing an embedded password vault like “keychain” to fill in your password?

Are you experiencing any “keyboard” problems in general?

Do you share your account and system with anyone else?  Could they be having the same problem and changing your new passwords to their new passwords without mentioning it to you? (Or on purpose, just to mess with you)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation