Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor

My app tells me a camera has motion. When I open app the clip is not displaying under todays date nor is the camera showing the snapshot. Doorbell shows snapshot correctly and manually recording a video displays under the date. This worked fine until last night.

Best answers
  • JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

UPDATE (10/13): Arlo DevOps team is investigating an issue where some customers with Video Doorbell and Pro or Pro 2 or Wire-Free HD cameras are not seeing video recordings in the Library. Motion recordings are happening but are not visible in the Library. We apologize for the inconvenience. For more update, please check the Arlo Status Page.

87 REPLIES 87
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jbhart7 wrote:
So a couple days ago my cameras stopped recording to library. I’d get notifications but no recordings. So I did like the forums told me and removed everything and put it back. Now every time I connect my doorbell camera it won’t let the other cameras record. I remove the doorbell and the cameras go back to recording. Am I doing something wrong?

You aren't doing anything wrong - other users are seeing this too, so I think it is a bug.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Murellen wrote:
I haven’t removed my doorbell either. I would really like to avoid that. October 6th was d-day for my library too.

My pro 2s are recording (with a doorbell in the same account) - though I have a multi-camera subscription.

One workaround (which is annoying, and will cost) is to get a subscription, and cancel it when the problem is resolved. They will refund the current month on a pro-rated basis.

FWIW, I do realize that many will find this workaround unacceptable - I'm not challenging that view, just pointing out this is a possibility.

WTFH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got 2 Pro 2 cameras, along with a video doorbell and chime.

On 7th October the cameras stopped recording to the library.

I tried various suggestions on here, and then removed them from My Devices in the App. Since then I've not been able to add them back in.

Yes, I'm on a 2.4GHz network.

Yes, the batteries are fully charged.

Yes, I've tried different devices - including an iPhone SE and iPad.

Any suggestions on how I can get them visible again?

Thanks.

AP7856
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have owned my Arlo Pro 2 kit (2EA Arlo Pro 2 and 1EA VMB4500r2) for about 15 months. Arlo 2 Pro comes with free 7-day cloud recording and it has worked flawlessly until recently, October 2021. I believe this was associated with an auto-update (app or firmware) but I can't nail it down. I have taken every conceivable action and ARLO customer support is not supportive. For those of you in the know, please help if possible and note the following actions and current status:

• All equipment online and functioning (notifying alerts, recording locally to USB, live view excellent)
  • After the motion is detected and recording ceases, NO UPDATE to the cloud library is visible nor accessible

Actions Taken:

• Deleted/Reload mobile app
  • Used a computer instead of iPhone app to access account/interface
  • formatted the local recording basestation USB stick
  • Remove Arlo Pro 2 camera batteries, then replace
  • Reset base station and cameras, Removed power from all devices first
  • Deleted all devices including the base station from my app, reloaded app
  • Re-added all devices one-by-one and gave them new names
  • Reformatted drive
  • Back to square one. Everything works fine with the exception of cloud recording and access to cloud recording

My only conclusion is that Arlo discontinued the no-fee based 7-day cloud recording even though they said that would never happen. Needless to say, This is the last Arlo Product that had that feature, which is why I own it. I don't need someone to manage my home security. I have a phone and internet. I can manage.

AP7856
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue. I think the most recent auto-update (firmware/app) has caused this issue. I believe Arlo has put the nail in the coffin of ANY free cloud recording even though they said they would support their Arlo Pro 2 features. I did EVERYTHING because I thought this was a simple fix but I fear Arlo put the fix on us.  I even ended up completely deleting each of the Pro 2 cameras, the doorbell, the base station, the local USB recordings...I manually installed as if it was new out of the box. I gave them new names even. Oh, for those that think battery removal from cameras fixes this...NOT! All devices work fantastically with the exception of the 7-day cloud-based recording which is the only reason I own them. Now they will make great landfill junk. For the record, Arlo customer support is non-existant.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@AP7856 wrote:

My only conclusion is that Arlo discontinued the no-fee based 7-day cloud recording even though they said that would never happen. Needless to say, This is the last Arlo Product that had that feature, which is why I own it. I don't need someone to manage my home security. I have a phone and internet. I can manage.

Arlo posted yesterday in this thread they are looking into the issue. It is highly unlikely It was done on purpose and not announced. It seems to be a bug. Several people W/O a sub removed their doorbell and the recordings came back, not sure if that is the main cause. 

Ronnie5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two Arlo Pro 2 cameras and one Arlo Pro 3. I do not have a subscription. Experienced the same issue a few days ago like everyone else - Arlo Pro 2 cameras no longer appearing in library but sending me notifications. Having read issues people were having with their doorbell cameras and Arlo Pro 2 and that removing the doorbell seemed to fix the problem, I tried removing the Arlo Pro 3 camera and then restarted the hub. BINGO! It's working again.

So, I'm deducing that when you have a combination of 7-day free cloud recording cameras along with cameras that require a subscription to view in the cloud, it cancels out the free cloud recording.

ARLO please fix this. Thank you.
Ronnie5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed my Arlo Pro 3 and restarted the hub and the Pro 2 cameras are now working and recording as before. Only way around until they fix the problem.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue has now been fixed. This fix is automatically applied and does not require any interaction with your Arlo system.

If you're still not receiving your recordings, try rebooting your Base Station. If you're still experiencing the issue even after rebooting your Base Station, please let us know.

You may always check the status of Arlo systems by visiting the Arlo Status Page. We appreciate your patience and understanding as our team worked to resolve this issue.

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Sweet!! It’s up and running again! And thankfully I don’t have to deal with resyncing my doorbell….boy I was tempted to remove it though! Thank you Arlo for helping out a non-subscribed customer. 👍🏼
Murellen
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you. It started working about an hour ago.
koffeeBean
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you!! It is working for me too.
Crawley
Guide
Guide

I want to take time and thank the Arlo Tech Support Group for addressing the issue with the Pro 2 cameras not recording to the Library.

At a time when everyone is expecting less, you delivered more.

I re-added my doorbell and everything is working again.

Thank-you.

Nathan