Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor

My app tells me a camera has motion. When I open app the clip is not displaying under todays date nor is the camera showing the snapshot. Doorbell shows snapshot correctly and manually recording a video displays under the date. This worked fine until last night.

Best answers
  • JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

UPDATE (10/13): Arlo DevOps team is investigating an issue where some customers with Video Doorbell and Pro or Pro 2 or Wire-Free HD cameras are not seeing video recordings in the Library. Motion recordings are happening but are not visible in the Library. We apologize for the inconvenience. For more update, please check the Arlo Status Page.

87 REPLIES 87
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

All legacy cameras still enjoy the 7 days free storage without subscription

look under NO PLAN

see ;   https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
340duster
Guide
Guide
I also have the Arlo door bell and will have to try to remove it to see if that works for me. To get the other two camera recording again.
MichaelJett001
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everyone: I removed the doorbell camera from the system and immediately started having recordings show up to library as before. If Arlo had any tech support they would be correcting there stupidity right now!!!
Crawley
Guide
Guide

Removing the doorbell is what worked for me too.

I hope tech support will address this, cause now the doorbell is useless.

Rjnebay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree, something has definitely changed. I am not a novice arlo user so I have reset, rebooted, changed batteries, checked the modes, logged out/in in-app and online multiple times, hung upside down with my tongue at 45 degrees…but nothing. 
I can live stream, record manually, receive activity notifications but nothing auto-recorded is in the library since  10-10. Same configuration for over a year. 
About 2-4 weeks ago, I noticed the event counter was not resetting after viewing, even if I looked at every single event. 

PatPann
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras stopped adding recordings to my library which are included with Pro 2 without subscription. I use the doorbell for live viewing only and have no subscriptions. All was fine with all devices and the library for a few years but suddenly stopped working around Oct 8 after I presume Arlo made some software updates. I have determined that if I remove my doorbell from the device list, camera recordings resume working as expected. I’ve tried adding the hardwired doorbell as a base station device and also as a wifi device; neither works. I’ve removed and re-added all devices, rebooted everything but the only thing that works is removing the doorbell as a device.
yopault
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is a VERY litigious society we live in. Due to the inordinate amount of issues and customer down time w/ Arlo video products, I have contacted a very high profile law firm (who I have family at) who will be take a long hard look at all of these Arlo anomalies and will formulate some legal action against them (likely some class action lawsuit). Stay tuned for an update in this Arlo Community forum as well as other public avenues to share the due diligence and plan of action.

MichaelJett001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish I had connections like that!!! Rock & roll!

340duster
Guide
Guide
Yes removing the doorbell has worked for me as well. Now I have a non functional doorbell camera. Hopefully Arlo gets this fixed.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

UPDATE (10/13): Arlo DevOps team is investigating an issue where some customers with Video Doorbell and Pro or Pro 2 or Wire-Free HD cameras are not seeing video recordings in the Library. Motion recordings are happening but are not visible in the Library. We apologize for the inconvenience. For more update, please check the Arlo Status Page.

MichaelJett001
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think that to be a vague and noncommittal response to a problem you inserted to force people into subscription. I hope a class action suit is launched over your business practices.
Jbhart7
Aspirant
Aspirant
So a couple days ago my cameras stopped recording to library. I’d get notifications but no recordings. So I did like the forums told me and removed everything and put it back. Now every time I connect my doorbell camera it won’t let the other cameras record. I remove the doorbell and the cameras go back to recording. Am I doing something wrong? I’ve tried connecting the doorbell to the Wi-Fi, and also to the base station. Neither work. Doorbell works fine when it’s connected.
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Ok update. I’ve unplugged base station and let it reboot and no luck. I then disconnected one of the cameras and then did a sync and still, no luck. When the camera gets motion, I get a phone notification and the motion icon turns yellow but still no video in the library. According to Arlo website it still allows up to 5 cameras to be connected without subscription. However, Arlo won’t help me because I’m outside of my year warranty. IM STUCK FOLKS….please help.
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
So my thread is this exact issue. Same days as all other and yes I have a doorbell. I’m afraid at this point I will have to remove doorbell just to get my recordings. Then figure out how to reconnect doorbell once they fix. Or others thinking of waiting out this “fix” from Arlo?
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Update:

I found a much more hot thread than mine with several users reporting same issue. Seems to be linked to the doorbell in some way. They all reporting that when they removed their doorbell, they immediately starting getting their recordings but of course have a useless doorbell. I’m considering removing doorbell to fix the issue….but trying to have some faith that the Arlo person who responded saying they were working on the issue will actually get it fixed quickly.
koffeeBean
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.  I am having the exact same issue, but I do not have a doorbell.  I have 2 Arlo Pro that always recorded correctly online. I recently added a Arlo Pro 3 and activated the trial.  Since the trial ended, the Arlo Pro stopped having their motion recording online (free 7 days).

Murellen
Tutor
Tutor
The funny thing I found out tonight? My doorbell doesn’t work! It records but doesn’t ding as a doorbell. I get alerts but can’t respond and inside the doorbell doesn’t make a peep.
dizzan
Tutor
Tutor

Same here, any updates to this? Did all the support chats, rebooted everything, still nothing in the library after Oct 6. Camera's go off, nothing in the library.  

Jptech
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue  firmaware updated on 1st Oct and after 7 day no video in library... but it storing locally

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
October 6 last day for any videos in my App Library as well!
dizzan
Tutor
Tutor

I did what everyone else did -  deleted their doorbell. THIS FIXED THE library storage issue, but now, like them have a useless doorbell. 

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
I would REALLY like to avoid having a useless doorbell that wasn’t exactly cheap.
Murellen
Tutor
Tutor
I haven’t removed my doorbell either. I would really like to avoid that. October 6th was d-day for my library too.
Ronnie5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have removed cameras, rebooted, disarmed, removed batteries. Still nothing. Can manually record live stream and that adds to library.
Ronnie5
Aspirant
Aspirant
In exact same position. 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and 1 Arlo Pro 3. Stopped recording a few days ago to library but I do receive notifications, as it appears you all do. Just wanting to add to the long list!