Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor

My app tells me a camera has motion. When I open app the clip is not displaying under todays date nor is the camera showing the snapshot. Doorbell shows snapshot correctly and manually recording a video displays under the date. This worked fine until last night.

Best answers
  • JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

UPDATE (10/13): Arlo DevOps team is investigating an issue where some customers with Video Doorbell and Pro or Pro 2 or Wire-Free HD cameras are not seeing video recordings in the Library. Motion recordings are happening but are not visible in the Library. We apologize for the inconvenience. For more update, please check the Arlo Status Page.

87 REPLIES 87
Thisisgettinold
Initiate
Initiate

About 3 days ago, my Arlo Baby and Arlo Pro 2 stopped recording to the cloud.

Apart from a mobile app update, nothing changed with the base station, connections or account details.

I now have a completely useless Arlo Baby, as it only records to the cloud with manual recording. The Arlo Pro 2 is not so much of an issue, as I have that recording to my portable hard drive.

I've tried:

• Rebooting and resyncing Arlo Baby
  • Power cycling Arlo Baby
  • Power cycling the base station
  • Different wireless networks
  • Resetting Arlo Baby
  • Reinstalling app with cleared cache
  • Older versions of the Arlo app (July, version 3.2...ish)

The number of issues I'm starting to have with this Arlo system is starting to rise. Was there some kind of update or change where the cloud is no longer free or something? Really running out of ideas.

koocifer
Tutor
Tutor
I have the arlo pro 2 cameras with the doorbell cam (requires subscription). No issues for 2 years till now. Both camera videos would show up in library, but the doorbell cam would not as expected.

For now, will just set up the 2 cams and exclude the doorbell, since that seems to be the issue.
Aaron493
Aspirant
Aspirant
Pro 2
Keithadamsllc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve got the same issue. Did you figure it out.I’m currently troubleshooting.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your active mode to ensure that the proper one is set and has the appropriate rules. Rebooting the base may also help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check your active mode?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your active mode?

CharlesPoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been try to turn back to "Armed".  or turn to a "custom mode". Reboot the station.  etc.

Reinstall the app at the mobile phone.

btw. I have a usb HD behind the station. At it have keep recording the storage. Only the cloud doesn't storage.

Aaron493
Aspirant
Aspirant
All armed. Just out of blue stopped recording.
Aaron493
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not yet, very frustrating.
chd001
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone else had the problem of Arlo 2 cameras stopped 7 day free recordings.   (Live stream is still functioning)

I have been using the cameras for about 2 years.

Resetting base station and cameras has not solved the problem.

dcfox1
Master
Master

There has been a big increase in the last several day about 7 day cloud storage loss and I'm not a blame everything on Arlo type but it may be something on Arlo's end with this many post here. I would contact support as the more they see the quicker they may act on. Especially if they are recording to USB.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

A couple of folks have reported it.  Hopefully there will be an update from @JamesC 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@StephenB wrote:

A couple of folks have reported it.  Hopefully there will be an update from @JamesC 

Yea there is something going on with the increase of the same thing since around 3-4 days ago. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your active mode?

MichaelJett001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have noticed over the past few days that the videos are not storing into the library. there should be a hundred or more. Arlo support is giving me the runaround. Anyone have any ideas?

Crawley
Guide
Guide

I have a problem very similar to a couple of other recent posts, but the fixes do not work for me.

I have 4 pro 2 cameras that have been recording for several years using the free 7 day cloud, then all of a sudden a few days ago they stopped recording.

I have:

1) Rebooted the base several times.

2) Rebooted my iPhone

3) Removed the Arlo Mobile App, reboot iPhone, install latest version of Arlo App from App store

4) Rebooted one of the cameras(removed battery) and tested.

5) Removed and re-added a camera from the base via the App and tested

6) There are no recordings in the library on the iPhone or on the Web

7) I can manually record and the recording shows up in the library on both the iPhone and on the Web

😎 All devices are armed

9) All devices are online

10) Devices are set to record on motion

I'm running out of ideas and need help.

Thanks,

Nathan

Crawley
Guide
Guide

Yes, I am having  a similar issue. 

Have tried about 10 different things and am not having any luck.

Crawley
Guide
Guide

Yes, I am having the same issue that started a few days ago. I have tried all I could fine in the forum and still not recording to the Library.

Crawley
Guide
Guide

UPDATE - I should have mentioned that I also have the Doorbell. I have had the four cameras recording to the free cloud and I have had the doorbell recording locally. This configuration has been working fine for a couple years. Then it stopped a few days ago. I think just after the Arlo mobile App update.

I just read on another thread about this problem that they had removed the doorbell and it started recording to the library again. So I removed my Doorbell and all my cameras started recording to the lib again after a few minutes.

But now my Doorbell is useless.

Crawley
Guide
Guide

I saw this thread mentioned the Doorbell.

I have 4 pro 2 cams and a Doorbell also.

I removed the doorbell through the mobile app and a few minutes later my 4 cameras started recording to the library again.

I think this issue arose about the same time that I updated my Arlo mobile app on my iPhone.

Now my Doorbell is useless. Hopefully the support people will see these posts.

Murellen
Tutor
Tutor
This is ridiculous. I have done everything. Reset. Removed. Changed networks. And I AM a network guru. I can connect entire countries to satellites and I can NOT get this lousy product to record. It’s been working for a year and a half. And now pffft. And I’m not allowed support?? What gives??
Thisisgettinold
Initiate
Initiate

Seems my post was merged with this one.

Yeah it getting pretty garbage, looking at other systems as I type.
It's seems the automatic video recording rules for cloud based cameras are busted.

Edit: My Arlo Baby rules work fine with on motion/audio then take snapshot (but not video recording) :EndEdit, or manual recording. Live streaming is fine. But, the wifi icon is greyed out on the camera, even though it connects perfectly during the 10+ factory reset/resyncing.

My Arlo Pro 2 is the same issue, but because that can actually connect to the base station, not JUST wifi, I'm now getting the recordings on my local storage. In my circumstance, that's fine.

After expecting nothing from support chat, I'm actually getting a replacement Arlo Baby. Weirdly, I don't think that's going to fix anything considering the Cloud library is borked.

The fact that support only lasts 90 days after purchase speaks volumes, at least the phone support anyway.

It's quite clear that this is NOTHING to do with anyone's hardware, this is an Arlo problem, plain and simple.

For a platform based on cloud recording, it's the poorest implementation of it I've ever used. I miss the Netgear days.

MichaelJett001
Aspirant
Aspirant

it seems the issue is prevalent and that tech support is non existent. I can’t even get someone on phone call to talk about a subscription that I don’t want, let alone tech support. Pitiful to the point I will look for another system.

jewlesz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did they discontinue the 7 day free storage for pro2 without notice? Tried every fix I can find (restarts, reboots, new app, etc) and still no recordings in library. Getting notifications and can record manually. Conclusion is that it has to be a subscription issue, but pro2 is supposed to get 7 days free storage. I am seeing several people with the same issue and it happen to them the same day as me. My guess an update was pushed out that blocks pro2 users from the free storage agreement they we sold.