Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor

My app tells me a camera has motion. When I open app the clip is not displaying under todays date nor is the camera showing the snapshot. Doorbell shows snapshot correctly and manually recording a video displays under the date. This worked fine until last night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue has now been fixed. This fix is automatically applied and does not require any interaction with your Arlo system.

If you're still not receiving your recordings, try rebooting your Base Station. If you're still experiencing the issue even after rebooting your Base Station, please let us know.

You may always check the status of Arlo systems by visiting the Arlo Status Page. We appreciate your patience and understanding as our team worked to resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

UPDATE (10/13): Arlo DevOps team is investigating an issue where some customers with Video Doorbell and Pro or Pro 2 or Wire-Free HD cameras are not seeing video recordings in the Library. Motion recordings are happening but are not visible in the Library. We apologize for the inconvenience. For more update, please check the Arlo Status Page.

87 REPLIES 87
340duster
Guide
Guide

My library is not updating. I am m still receiving notifications, but I can not get the library to update. It will not allow me to change the date to anything more recent than the 6th of October

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you live view and manually record? Try rebooting the base and maybe reinserting the camera batteries.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have an active subscription for the camera? The 3 month trial may have expired.

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve never had a subscription because I only have 4 cameras. We have had the same setup for 3 years and it just stopped working.
340duster
Guide
Guide
Yes I can live view and record, I have restarted at least 6 times. No change , I cannot view any thing newer than from the 5th of October. The behavior is exactly the same on the web version as well
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roodzac wrote:
Doorbell shows snapshot correctly 

What doorbell is this?

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
It’s the Arlo essential wired. We have never gotten video clips from the doorbell because we don’t subscribe but there is always a snapshot display on that camera. The other cameras are the ones that motion and store a clip. It’s worked fine for three years.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roodzac wrote:
The other cameras are the ones that motion and store a clip. It’s worked fine for three years.

And none of the four cameras are recording motion video to the cloud?

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
All I can say is they pick up motion and then the clip displays on my app under the date. Yesterday they stopped showing the clips in app but I still get the notifications. I did make one camera go live and clicked record and the clip popped up on the app. But the auto record only notifies me of motion but the clip doesn’t show up. I attached a screen shot of today that shows no clips but I’ve had multiple motions on the cameras.
843466D6-E1C4-4B04-B1E3-E09E534DF831.png
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roodzac wrote:
All I can say is they pick up motion and then the clip displays on my app under the date. 

Have you tried walking in front of each camera, to make sure that all four are behaving this way?  It would be a useful clue.

Also, you might try restarting the base station.

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Yes ma’am! Each of them give me a notification yet none of them update the snapshot or put a clip in the library.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roodzac wrote:
Each of them give me a notification yet none of them update the snapshot or put a clip in the library.

Try restarting the base.

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
I did a restart in it from the app. Maybe I’ll try to unplug and back in?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roodzac wrote:
I did a restart in it from the app. Maybe I’ll try to unplug and back in?

You might need to remove all devices from the account and then re-add them.

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Yea that was going to be my last resort. I’ve researched this topic on here and seen several posts over the last few years where this issues comes up for users and they are always solved by something Arlo does to fix. Seems to me it could be correlated to the app update on the same day potentially.
koocifer
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

About 2 days ago my videos stopped showing up in the library.  I have 2 friends that have the same set up as I do and they are not experiencing this issue.  One did, and it resolved itself.  None of us have a subscription plan, and purchased this model because of the 7 day cloud storage.

I have attempted to contact support various times and get routed either here or an automated chat that is no help.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time

Aaron493
Aspirant
Aspirant
3 days ago my cameras stopped recording. I've done all the resets, reboots, settings, etc. Does 2 step verification have anything to do with this? Arlo support has been poor at best.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you tried rebooting the base (unplugging it)  or cameras (removing battery)?

koocifer
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve restarted all 3 units. The hub and 2 cameras. Will try removing batteries from camera now.
koocifer
Tutor
Tutor
So, this is what has worked so far. Hard reboot (reset button) on the hub. Adding 2 cameras, but NOT adding doorbell. Once I add the doorbell, the issue comes back. Will keep working at it.
CharlesPoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two of Arlo Pro2 also one of Arlo pro3. That two of Pro2 which came with 7 days free rolling storage and since 3 days before I have no videos recording. Can someone tell me why this is happening?

dcfox1
Master
Master

You  never mention the doorbell. What model is it and are the cams Pro2 right? Or a newer model that require a subscription for cloud recordings when the 3 month Trial runs out. If the doorbell is the Essential Doorbell it need a sub. 

Erik1871
Aspirant
Aspirant
3 days ago my all of my cameras stopped recording. I have already reset the base modem and reset the batteries in the cameras. Please help. Thanks!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aaron493 wrote:
3 days ago my cameras stopped recording. I've done all the resets, reboots, settings, etc.

Are these Pro/Pro 2 cameras, or do you have a different model?

If you do have a newer camera, check the subscription status (Essential, Pro 3, Pro 4, and Ultras all require subscriptions for cloud storage).

@Aaron493 wrote:
 Does 2 step verification have anything to do with this? 

No.  2-step verification just gets you into the app (or my.arlo.com).  It doesn't affect recordings.