Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 2 cameras show recording yellow man but does not send to library May 21 6:00 PM.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Arlo 2 cameras I have 5 and ALL show that they are recording and I get yellow man running,

But it does not save to Library.

Also it shows when I look at overview of cameras (lower left) 1Min or just now so it is recording something. And you see the image of what it did record 

I can not find the footage.

I have rebooted get all lights green on base station so that looks good

I am stumped what is going on

Is there a new filmware happening or what???????

Andone having same issue  Date May 21, 2019  6:00 PM Eastern Standard time 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this. This issue should be resolved since yesterday (May 21).

See more here: RESOLVED: Partial Outage Affecting Notifications and Video Recordings

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We are aware and investigating a potential issue for some customers impacting notifications and video recordings. Our team is actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

For status updates on this issue, take a look here: https://status.arlo.com/

KKobes
Guide
Guide
WELCOME TO ARLO!!!!😂🤣 Not much more to say but welcome to the club......this happens a lot & you’ll learn to get used to Netgear outages. I’m about ready to just sell mine.
iambennet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo 2

3 Cameras (battery levels: > 75%)

Base HW version: VMB4000r3

Firmwares all up-to-date

This is the 2nd time in last 7 days:

I get push notifications on my phone, but no email alerts or videos in the library.

Live view is fine.

Recording while vieweing live does NOT store videos in the library.

The same thing happened just a few days ago on Friday May 17 when I tried resetting the base station and reconnecting the cameras several times without much success.... until the next morning Sat May 18, the email alerts and videos in the library suddenly started coming back alive.

Any suggestions?

Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

For the problem I've had in the beginning with the Security Light/Solar Panel  Charge firmware update that finaly fixed it, it was worth the wait. I have 2 systems of 5 each, 7 total Flood lights, anywhere on property at least one, often two are taking your video, all cameras overlap to protect each other from theft. This was expensive to set up but now is free with 7 day cloud, I used to hate going away for long time. Now its great, anywhere we go I can see whats happening at house, ever been somwhere in town and see big smoke bellow where you think your house is, istant peace of mind. Due too my cameras catching some interesting Video for Sheriff there are some people in serious trouble. Word is out this is a bad Street to mess around on.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

This has happened to me twice in the past week or so, and I am FED UP with this company!!!  All they will tell me is that they know about the problem and their engineers are "working on it." The first time it happened, nothing would save to my library, not even a manually recorded video. But the next morning, all cameras were working fine. Thought it was fixed. Happened again today, starting about an hour ago. I can actually see the most recent motion on my Devices page, but when I go into the library, the video for that motion isn't there.

SO FED UP, ARLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is completely pointless for me to have a security system if it's not actually doing anything.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Yep, same here on both occasions. All customer service will tell me is that they know about the problem and are "working on it." 😞

iambennet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for sharing your experience.

At least I know now that I'm not standing alone in the dark Smiley Sad

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

This is so ridiculous. My cameras started recording again and I was all excited... and then they stopped again 5 minutes later.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this. This issue should be resolved since yesterday (May 21).

See more here: RESOLVED: Partial Outage Affecting Notifications and Video Recordings

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation