Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 2 Plugged In Playback Problem

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
bigbigman
Tutor
Tutor

I have couple of my Arlo Pro 2 plugged in and when there is a movements and when the camera had the video recorded then when I play it, sometime it play with fast forward like if a video is 1 minute long it becomes 10 seconds with the scene fast forward by several times.

This is getting very annoying, I have seen couple similar issues like these on the forum but there aren't any solution to this and this appears to be bug with the firmware itself as I have this issue for all my 3 plugged in cameras. 

Anyone have found any fix to this and most importantly will Netgear actually relelease an update to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bigbigman wrote:

I have couple of my Arlo Pro 2 plugged in and when there is a movements and when the camera had the video recorded then when I play it, sometime it play with fast forward like if a video is 1 minute long it becomes 10 seconds with the scene fast forward by several times.

Is the playback smooth(but too fast) , or does it suddenly jump?

Did you try downloading a file of similar length that works ok, and then also download one that fails?  The file sizes should be about the same.  I suspect the one with the problem will be much shorter.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
See the attached link.

It’s happening to a lot of people right now. Hopefully Arlo knows about the issue. Report it to support.

Your issue sounds like everyone else’s. Cameras that are plugged into AC power only record for about 10 to 18 seconds but if they’re on battery power, they are fine. I’ve have 3 out of 4 of my pro 2 cameras on AC power for almost 2 years now. I never had this problem until around May 2019. They are set to record for two minutes if motion is detected, but I only get about 18 seconds out of them. If I take them off of AC power and have them run just on battery, they are fine. I have one other camera that runs solely on battery and that does not have an issue. @JamesC

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/About-1-3-of-recordings-play-about-10-seconds-and-video-fre...
sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice
My pro 2 camera records 10 second clips of cars driving down the street. Sometimes on playback, the video will jump forward 2-3 seconds. My notification will show the car was captured center frame, but as soon as I play it back, the car jumps forward about 2 seconds. This has become so annoying that I bought a pro 3 camera, but the problem still exists.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sacornel wrote:
My pro 2 camera records 10 second clips of cars driving down the street. Sometimes on playback, the video will jump forward 2-3 seconds. My notification will show the car was captured center frame, but as soon as I play it back, the car jumps forward about 2 seconds. This has become so annoying that I bought a pro 3 camera, but the problem still exists.

Generally this indicates some loss on the camera->base->Cloud path.  One thing that can help isolate it is to connect USB storage to the base, and see if the local storage also jumps.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation