Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
whistler007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo 2 cameras - Firmware 1.125.13.0_31717, Hardware H3 and Base Firmware 1.14.0.2_2776 VMB4000r3.  

None of my cameras are not recording whenver I go away (50+ miles) from the sites.  It seems to be doing the opposite of the Geofencing.  It is highly unusual because one of the cameras point down my driveway.  When I am there, like clockwork - I get certain notifications (mailman, school bus, trash pick up, etc).  When I am away, I get none of those notifications.  I even scheduled some lanscaping work - no recordings were ever taken, but when I went Live, I could see them working. 

Then, when I return to the site, the system is operating fine and records as expected.  

I am using the default "Armed" mode.  This hasn't happened until the past 2 months.  Was there an update that impacted the system?

Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
whistler007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to add - all my cameras are plugged into continuously.  Nothing is running on battery.  Cameras are all in a fixed mount that should not move until someone tampers with them.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Although it was working before what modes are selected in geofencing? Away is usually is set to Armed mode and home is normally set to disarmed or to schedule or custom mode if you have it setup.

If you go into the mode page in the App it should tell you what the current running mode is.
whistler007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I never setup the Geofencing.  So when I select it in the app, it shows a map of where I am presently (not there).  When I hit "Next", it asks a name with "Next" grayed out until one is provided.

Should I setup a Geofence with the address for the Arlo system location?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation