Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
hmtjr
Tutor
Tutor

Been running a "schedule" mode for several years.  Schedule calls  a "day" mode or a "night" mode, depending on time of day.  Either "day" or "night" mode pushes a notification and starts recording on motion, it's primarily a difference of which cameras are active and whether sound recording triggers a push notification and recording.

A few days ago I noticed I was missing notifications I expected from the day mode, meaning, motion was not triggering recording or notifications. 

After selecting "schedule" as the mode in the iOS app, the app always reports "disarmed" as the mode (interestingly, with a little clock icon).  In the app, I can set any mode except the "schedule" mode and it'll stick.  Selecting "schedule" mode in the app causes app to report the mode as "disarmed", and the cameras behave like they are disarmed.  Something seems to be flipping the mode to "disarmed" whenever "schedule" is the desired mode.  But that little clock icon next to "disarmed" tells me somehow the schedule is involved, even though there is never a period during a 24hr day when the scheduled mode is "disarmed".

my.arlo.com webui reports the mode I expect when mode is set to "schedule".  Meaning, I see "day" during the day, with a little clock icon next to it.  However, cameras do not behave as expected (no notification or recording on motion, which is how I have them set up).

Things I've tried:

• power off / power on to base station
  • uninstall / reinstall iOS app (appstore update not available)
  • removing Arlo / smartthings link ("smarthings" mode had previously been deleted - I was using Arlo motion detection to trigger lighting routines in smartthings)
  • setting mode in webui, then checking in app

Anybody got any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved. If you're still experiencing this behavior, please let us know.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had the same issue starting on 9/24.  Separate day and night modes which switch at 8 AM and 8 PM.  Now, selecting Schedule disarms all cameras.  Selecting each mode individually works fine - it's a problem with the Schedule setting.

This behavior coincided with my Base Station going offline sometime during the early morning of 9/24.  Power cycling everything brought the base back online, but has not fixed the Schedule issue.  I think something is broken on Arlo's side.

alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

Pardon me, that was 9/14, not 24.

hmtjr
Tutor
Tutor

This is 100% the behavior I'm seeing.

I didn't notice my base station rebooting and it didn't go offline as far as I can see.  (having broken the Smartthings integration, I can't see anything in the history anymore and Arlo doesn't appear to have device history).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has identified the issue and is working on a resolution. For those that may be interested in testing the fix, please reach out to me in a private message and we can get started on the next steps. This will involve new firmware that we expect to be available to start testing early next week.

While we work to resolve this issue, we recommend that users experiencing this behavior manually set their system to "Armed" or "Disarmed" as desired and not use schedule until the fix is available.

JamesC

hmtjr
Tutor
Tutor

Update - dev team put me in a field trial for some beta firmware, which seems to have fixed the problem.  Hopefully that'll get out to everyone else soon in an update.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved. If you're still experiencing this behavior, please let us know.

JamesC

Gypsy_Girl21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am experiencing this issue and have been for about 3 weeks. 
I’ve updated, turned off all devices and back on again. Deleted the app and redownloaded. It’s still an issue…. 

alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gypsy_Girl21

Are you still experiencing this issue as of today?

Thanks 

Gypsy_Girl21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne, 

Schedule appears to be behaving again 😊

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation