Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

I just updated the app and set the PIN but when I tried Alexa to discover devices it did not find anything new and I cannot find where to enable the Disarm by voice option.

Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @shaolin95  - if you are not seeing the SmartHub or base station in the Alexa app after asking Alexa to discovery devices, you may need to remove and re-add the Arlo skill in Alexa. After that, you should be able to see your VMB4000 in the devices list. You'll then need to "edit" the Voice code in the Alexa app and select "Existing security system PINs."

Let us know if this helps - thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @shaolin95  - if you are not seeing the SmartHub or base station in the Alexa app after asking Alexa to discovery devices, you may need to remove and re-add the Arlo skill in Alexa. After that, you should be able to see your VMB4000 in the devices list. You'll then need to "edit" the Voice code in the Alexa app and select "Existing security system PINs."

Let us know if this helps - thanks!

shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks that worked!

Can you Arm specific modes like one I have named Outdoor which only enables the outdoor cameras?
Or maybe I can just edit the Disarm to keep the outdoor front camera on since I RARELY turn that one off..

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired
Great suggestion - for now, it’s just Arm and Disarm for the entire Base Station via voice commands to Alexa.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation