Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 26 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Andre907
Follower
Follower

Is there any way there can be an option to mute the notifications longer than 24hrs? While at home, I’m getting several alerts about motion and it’s very annoying. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Paulj126
Initiate
Initiate
This problem appears to only occur with the new app update. I could permanently mute alerts in the previous version, now the can only be muted for periods of time up to 24 hrs! Why was this changed? It is very annoying to be getting constant audio alerts whenever there is motion!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Andre907,

Currently the mute notification supports up to 24 hours. However, there are different ways to turn off push notifications if needed. Feel free to read about them below:

arlo4al
Initiate
Initiate

Mute on the update only lasts 24 hours - I want it off all the time, not a daily 24 hour select

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi arlo4al,

If you want to turn off push notifications, feel free to read these articles:

wadehambleton
Initiate
Initiate

The inability to mute notifications in the app is ridiculous.   I have hundreds as cars pass all day long.  So, I have to mute for 24 huours every single day.  To make us decipher how to go in and set up rules and modes etc..... Is unacceptable.  You changed it - you caused the problem.  I cant figure out how to solve it.  After reading and trying for 45 min I have to give up.  I am the farthest for tech savy you can find.  So, if you care to have people like me as clients - you need it to be simple (Like it was).  To not be passive aggressive - I want it to be known and not subtly suggested:  I am freaking pissed off and I get triggered every 24 hours my phone starts going off and I have to mute it.   I have called Vivant to see what they are about.  

EmilyN
Initiate
Initiate

The Arlo answers here from JessicaP are not helpful at all because they will also block visual notifications, which are helpful, while blocking the totally annoying audible notifications.   Having to reset the Mute Notifications every 24 hours either interrupts my sleep, family time or business meetings.   Permanently muting notifications was an option with your previous software, which is why I invested in 11 cameras.   This inability to mute notifications permanently has made this entire system useless and completely annoying.   I'm strongly considering returning all of it to Best Buy.

MegaTronJr
Initiate
Initiate

The arlo app is just lacking in so many way.  Why did you guys ever rebuild the app?  It's not any better than before - it's worse.  You should have put that budget towards improving your prior app.

Here are a list of features it needs:

The app needs the ability to turn off notifications permanently.

Geofencing for turning notifications on and off.  Not geofencing to let you know when someone is in a zone.

Geofencing to turn recording on an off.

Scheduling of notifications that is separate from scheduling for recording.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 26 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation