Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dougiefresh90
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the app on all my apple devices, and if I’m looking at a camera on mine, my wife can’t also look at one of them on her device. Is there a way to allow another one of our devices to look at camera view while the first one is still on it???

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to read up on GRANT ACCESS

It allows two ( or more ) users to view at same time.

One primary account and then secondary... the secondary accts will have 95% of control if all admin rights are given.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Dougiefresh90
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks
wirlybird
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I understand the directions I have to create multiple accounts in order to be able to view my camera on two devices at the same time?

So if I want the camera displayed on the web portal in my office but also on my tablet at the same time I have to create another account to "add a friend"?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's correct. Use of the primary user's credentials on a second device will log off that user on the first device. Use of a granted access account gets around that.

wirlybird
Aspirant
Aspirant

So if I as the sole user want to have the cameras live on two PC's in my house and also on my tablet while outback I have to set up three accounts, three different emails etc.

The absurdity of this defies logic.

New user and it has only been about 5 hours and the strikes against the system are rapidly piling up.

Very disappointed  for such an expensive device.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation