Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jitin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an Arlo Pro 2 home security system from US and now I am planning to take it to India. The only problem is - base station adapter only supports up to 110v. Any suggestion for a good adapter that can support up to 220V and I can use in India without any damage to the base station.

Or I should buy a step-down voltage converter? Any suggestion of voltage converter for this low wattage Arlo Base station.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The base actually uses 12v dc... there must be a 220v adapter for 12v

( coxial plug, center postive )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jitin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it has a 12v adapter but that is only for 100-120v not 220v.. any suggestion for 220v adapter...
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Jitin wrote:
Yes it has a 12v adapter but that is only for 100-120v not 220v.. any suggestion for 220v adapter...

TomMac was suggesting you look into 3rd party power adapters are are universal for input power, but provide the same power output as the native Arlo adapter for the base.   The base adaptor says it provides 12V at 1.5 amps and indicates it is DC with a center positive barrel.

I found this one on Amazon that might work.  You should verify the size of the barrel connector.  There are many sizes, but I think most 12V adapters use a standard size.

https://www.amazon.com/Chanzon-Switching-Adapter-100-240V-Transformer/dp/B07HNL5D56/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?...

I think I also read that one Arlo customer discovered he could not purchase an Arlo service plan in his home country, though I think it would work if he purchased a plan in the USA and then moved the system to his country.  Just know that operation from India may not be guaranteed.  Roll the dice.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If a power supply or adapter solves the power issue, the system can be used anyplace that has Internet access to arlo.netgear.com (some countries block this). You may not be able to subscribe to additional services but the basic plan will work anyplace that has the above access.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation