Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Sometime within the last 2 days, the fingerprint login within my Android Pixel app stopped working and always said "Your session has expired. Please log in." but only when using fingerprint login method.  If I entered username/password I was able to get in.  I tried rebooting the base station, force stopping the app on my phone, both did not work.  It took uninstalling the app entirely and re-installing it.  I know this is some sort of bug because my wife's phone is doing the exact same thing and started at the same time.  Has anyone else encountered this and if so, aware of any known issue?

166 REPLIES 166
Mike78
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having the same issue on my android phone. When I try to access the app I get the session expired message. I have to force stop the app to be able to login again. Seems to have happened after the newest software application update.
Bridger1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bridger1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. Message on the app says session has expired. I have to reboot the android to be able to go into Arlo app.

Roberto06pando
Initiate
Initiate
I can't stay logged in have contacted technical at least five times nothing helps about ready to throw whole unit in trash
sqco
Tutor
Tutor
Anyone else having problems staying logged in? No longer pleased with these cameras. Will be forced to send back my new, still in box, Arlo pro 2 from Costco
suziw3s
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good morning,
Yes, I'm also, now having trouble staying signed in. I don't know what happened, but it wasn't like that until recently. It really is getting irritating. I wish we could find a way to fix this issue.
Suzi
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you read any of the zillion similar threads here about this, the workaround is simple. Use the multitask button on the phone (single or double square next to the Home button), click on the "X" for Arlo and restart the app normally. Until there's a fix you'll have to keep doing this but it only takes a few seconds to do this.

Rdg2428
Guide
Guide
Been almost 24 hours since last time out session. How's everyone else doing?
Bridger1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't understand that explanation for a fix. What I did was uninstall the Arlo App then reinstalled. It works fine now.

db899
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two cameras for almost two years, never a problem.  Since this update I am constantly getting logged out, I re-start my phone and it comes back logged in.  Also one of my cameras is constantly going off line and when I open the battery compartment to re-set it the batteries are gone dead without having recorded anything.  Cameras are used indoors.  Only one camera, re-charged the batteries and put them in the other camera and no problems. 

Update the update.  Never had these problems before.  

Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

12 hours for me.  This is the longest in two weeks.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Thewoodwrote:

12 hours for me.  This is the longest in two weeks.

12hrs of what?

Vijayng
Tutor
Tutor
It's been working fine for me since 20th March. Finger print login always worked.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
It's not fixed yet, still getting the error. It worked for about 2 hours before failing.
Rdg2428
Guide
Guide
Oh well...went for a while, maybe a day and a half..but lo and behold, that nasty yellow banner pipes up and ruined my day....
Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine went 16 hours before the message.  Longest yest.

mscdavis45
Tutor
Tutor

I did do the uninstall and reinstall. I thought this was a fix but after about 20min. it started all over again. So, I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times now. So, it isn't a fix. I'm back to logging in every time I check the notification which is very frustrating because this wasn't a problem a month ago.

Bridger1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Uninstall, re install lasted only about 12 hrs for me. Hopefully Arlo wil come up with a fix soon.

Ellen22159
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've been having the same problem for the past 2 weeks. The past 3 months or was fine. Seems 90 days later the problem stayed. Not only do I need to login but it also stops recordings and I got this too keep an eye on 93 year old mom. Very frustrated!
Yeolmu
Aspirant
Aspirant

How many years have people been having this problem? This is disgusting especially when Netgear is charging AUD300+ per camera. I have updated the app, uninstalled, installed, rebooted, login, logout, and still keep getting logged out of my stupid app. Android Samsung Note 8.  FIX THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! **bleep**!

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Years? I thought it was a "recent days" thing caused by a meltdown in Arlo's cloud and/or an app update.

Android "Your session has expired. Please log in."... - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Carolyn234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called Customer Service, they took me through a series of steps, everything worked for about a day, then I started getting the login message again. I am using version 2.4.9_20031. I have discovered that by using the "force stop" option on my phone, that resets the app and I don't have to sign in, but it only lasts a short while.

The customer service rep I spoke with acted like this was not an issue and it was my phone at fault. Then I see all these posts and so I know it's not me. But, does anyone know if Arlo/Netgear is working on this issue?

ATC250R
Star
Star
That's exactly what happening with mine; a force stop solves the issue...temporarily. I've had it with Netgear. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks, and their customer service reps act like it's unusual, or not a problem? At this point, Netgear should roll back to the previous version, and start from scratch, rather than trying to put a band-aid on an obviously flawed POS update.

In addition to actually keeping us updated here in these forums, Netgear needs to educate their CSRs about the issue as well. Blaming the customers' phone for an issue that Netgear knows is their own fault is not the answer.

Rather than adding to my Arlo system, I will instead try out Ring or another competitor. Good job, Netgear; you're losing both current AND future customers simply because of the way you're handling this issue.
Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

I got Ring to try them out hoping I would return them in a couple days when Arlo sorted itself out.  I guess we are a Ring household now.  I don't like the app as much as Arlo's app, but it works and the live view responds in a couple seconds vs Arlo's 7-15 seconds.  And, I'll emphasize...the app works.

Rdg2428
Guide
Guide
Being that this issued started two weeks ago, and there seems to be answer in site, is Netgear prepared to refund our money?