Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Sometime within the last 2 days, the fingerprint login within my Android Pixel app stopped working and always said "Your session has expired. Please log in." but only when using fingerprint login method.  If I entered username/password I was able to get in.  I tried rebooting the base station, force stopping the app on my phone, both did not work.  It took uninstalling the app entirely and re-installing it.  I know this is some sort of bug because my wife's phone is doing the exact same thing and started at the same time.  Has anyone else encountered this and if so, aware of any known issue?

166 REPLIES 166
Rdg2428
Guide
Guide
Still timing out on Note 5. When is this issue going to be resolved and is anyone at Netgear care?
prymtym99
Tutor
Tutor
Well, after 3rd time I reinstalled the app, it seems to be keeping me logged in... for now.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
It won't last for long. Mine magically went several hours today without issue then stopped working again.
WeaverOne
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here.  Running 20031 on a Pixel 2.  Had been working fine, but not since the app update.

Caty-did
Star
Star

I contacted Arlo Support via CHAT today, just to make sure that someone at Arlo is aware of the issue... I'm a newbie here, so wasn't sure if Arlo was monitoring the boards or not. 

The rep assured me that Arlo engineers were aware of the issue. Chat suggested if I was having the problem to kill the app, clear data, clear cache or also uninstall and re-install the app. Not sure why I would do this if it's still an issue that isn't resolved as I assume it'll just restart again  - as that's happened with others in this thread. 

But, it sounds as if they're working on it. Just fyi! 

Rdg2428
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the update
fr33t
Star
Star

I have done remove/reinstall on my cell phone and on my tablet (both Samsung). I still get the same message, makes the usage of the system difficult !

I hope that in case of detection I will get a warning on my mobile devices but I'm not sure it works.

I hope Arlo will solve soon the problem. I don't understand it takes so long since this problem didn't exist on the version of software one week ago.

- FR.

Caty-did
Star
Star
Just FYI. I continue to receive push notifications. Just when I go to view the video, I may (or may not, depending) have to log back in to my session.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

My guess is they broke something session related when the program gets sent to run in the background

Rdg2428
Guide
Guide
I don't recall having any issues with what was running before this "upgrade". If it's not broke don't fix it.. Still having issues with the timing out.
Dj22army
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine has been doing this for the last week. Did you figure out what the issue was or how to fix it?
castleshade
Tutor
Tutor
I've had my cameras up for over 3 months and no problems. Whenever there was a movement notification I just click on the Arlo app and it would bring me to my cameras and Library. Now recently when I go to the Arlo app it says my session has expired and a half to login again. This is a real pain especially if I want to see someone at my front door quickly. Any help appreciated
DocVegas
Initiate
Initiate

This is non-sense I am a premium subscriber and pay an annual fee every year, and I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on this system.  Now I have to deal with logging into my account everytime?

Not to mention, obviously customer service is nothing to rave about.

FIX IT!

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@castleshade wrote:
Now recently when I go to the Arlo app it says my session has expired and a half to login again.

Which app? Android? iThing?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
GBSea
Guide
Guide

The initial post already has this info - it's ARLO App.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are apps for both iOS and Android - you didn't specify. The workarounds are similar but the steps are different.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@GBSea wrote:

The initial post already has this info - it's ARLO App.

Arlo is the system you are trying to connect to. It is not the platform that your "app" runs on.

The manual explains what is going on. Page 8 in my version.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
GBSea
Guide
Guide

@michaelkenward:

I see your point.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

I'm using the Android app and after a while when you come back to the app it says your session has expired so I have to force close and reopen this is a new situation that hasn't happened previously. I think it's the updated app that's causing us

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I don't see this. I have version 2.4.9_20032. Released last week.

Does "after a while" mean that it sometimes happens? Or is it every time you go back to the app?

Occasionally this, and other apps, want me to sign in. I put this down to security paranoia on the developers' front. Which does not seem unreasonable to me. But every time I used it would be a pain.

Just another user
Vijayng
Tutor
Tutor
Seeing same issue with Arlo app on my Andriod Samsung S8 phone. I have a complex long password and it's totally PIA to keep entering it. Its an issue with one of the recent Android releases. Identify and fire those QA ppl and if needed developer too.
Vijayng
Tutor
Tutor
My office in San Jose is right opposite to Arlo office. If needed I can and demonstrate this problem on behalf of everyone complaining here.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

After awhile of not opening the app. It will say your session has expired please login. So at that point you force close the app start it up again and it works and you don't have to login

Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wait, 2.4.9_20032?  I thought the latest from laar week's update was 2.4.9_20031.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

True. Finger problems.

Just another user