Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android App (Buffering while on FiOS)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
NetUser21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone with Verizon Fios noticed significant buffering issues when using the Android App while connected to wifi? I read a few posts regarding DNS issues, but changing the DNS server settings on my router ended with the same result. When connected to cellular, video are able to stream quicker than when connected to my wifi. A majority of the time it only shows the initial image of the video and never stops buffering. On occation, it will stream less than a second of video and then never stop buffering. Also many times while connected to Fios the Library images won't even load, or load very slowly. Real time viewing is the same.

This only happens in the Android App when I am connected to Fios through wifi. Viewing video through my computer on the same network is fine through the web interface. I believe something is wrong with the app, but am looking for other possibilities.  I also want to add that notifications are working fine and arriving when expected.

1 REPLY 1
NetUser21
Aspirant
Aspirant

After doing some additional testing, I am thinking it has to do with the Fios Quantum Gateway and/or my version of Android (currently 8.0.0) since when I'm connected to the same router on 2.4G instead of 5G it appears to play without problems in the app.

I have seen posts other places about 5G and android issues. I guess it might be a coincidence that this is the only app I am having problems with on 5g wifi.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation