Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android 2.23 App timeout "Arlo is unavailable"when trying to log in on WIFi - Mobile Data works

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Arlomad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any help out there appreciated. I've dumped over $600 into Arlo and the mobile app will work on zero wifi mobile devices now. Every time I try to login I get a time out error, Arlo is unavailable at this time error, your cameras are offline error. But thing is I can switch to mobile data and app works fine. So cameras and base are communicating with the internet. My speed is good. I can view through desktop also. The app is not working. Have reset base and started from scratch with reinstall of app. No go. Just a bunch of Arlo isn't this or that at this time. Help. App version 2.22.7 release date 12/18/20 OS ANDROID 9 & 10

5 REPLIES 5
Arlomad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app stopped functioning yesterday afternoon at approximately 4pm. It will not work on wifi. I can switch to data and view all cameras.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled app. Restarted my device and base station. Went through support and it worked for approximately 5 minutes and as soon as I disconnected with support, Arlo app stopped functioning. Error code, time out. Error code Arlo unavailable.  Error code devices offline (but switch to data and I can see that they are not). Arlo site states there are no problems on their end. This is happening across all devices. I can log in desktop view or mobile data, but wifi app does not work. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Version 2.23 for Android was just released on Jan 21. Try reinstalling the app again and it should give you that one. 

SoLetDown
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having same issues. 2.23 is not in Google play yet. It can be downloaded from a mirror site which I am wary of doing. Did try and that did not solve my issue either. I've attempted everything from resetting my modem to resetting my hub and starting from the beginning. No luck here. Whatever this bug is started on the 21st of January and I haven't been able to use my system since. I can login through a web browser and see my cameras which indicates they are communicating with the hub thru Wi-Fi. This narrows it down to application failure since the update. I am at a total loss. And at a total loss of $$$$$$ if Arlo doesn't step up.

SoLetDown
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app will only function on data not wifi since update. This leaves customers who purchased Arlo based on advertising from Arlo that its product is all wifi based. On wifi the app times out on login,  keeps asking for security and then times out again. If one does per chace get logged in on wifi for a few seconds it says library is missing and shows cameras or shows library but indicates cameras offline. Swutch to data on app, or login on desktop, everything is there. Which proves all equipment is communicating via wifi, but app is not functioning via wifi. I'm waiting for Arlo to step up and fix this problem. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello everyone, 

Please make sure you are updated to the latest version of the Android app  v2.23 & try again.

If possible can you please provide a screenshot of the error message received?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation