Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
n8sb
Guide
Guide

2 days ago, the 4 cameras connected to my basestation (video doorbell, 2 Pro 2’s and a Pro) all went offline at the same time. They were completely unresponsive so I removed all of them from the system and attempted to re-add. After attempting to sync multiple times and hard resetting all devices, I am having no luck. I was able to add the doorbell back as a stand-alone device and my Arlo Q has continued to work great. After an initial support interaction, where they wanted me to do what I had already tried, I have not hear back for a couple days. Everything is also out of warranty :(.

Anyone experience anything similar and have some advice?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

STart by removing the base and cameras associated with the base from Settings, My Devices. It may be worthwhile to press and hold the reset button for >10 seconds, until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot to green LEDs for power and Internet. Claim the base normally and then sync the cameras. Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds.

n8sb
Guide
Guide

I appreciate the tips, but as I mentioned in my original post, I have hard reset the basestations, and removed all devices from the account.  The basestations activate right away, it's once I try to add the cameras that nothing happens.

I also have 2 basestations that I have attempted this on, and neither is working.  I guess it could possibly be a network issues, but I was about to add my Arlo Q and Doorbell which don't need the basestation.  I also haven't made any network changes recently. Definitely stumped.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then it appears to be a hardware issue with the base that can't be handled here. Use support to see if a replacement base can be had under warranty.

ThisIsMartin
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same issue and it happened about a week ago. All devices are offline and can’t sync to the base station. So frustrating!
n8sb
Guide
Guide
Do you happen to have an Eero mesh network?
ThisIsMartin
Tutor
Tutor
ThisIsMartin
Tutor
Tutor
FIXED IT!!!! - register your base station as new on your Arlo app. For some reason my current base station and the original sync/connection it had with the app must’ve got corrupt but after registering the base station as new on the app, it worked and resolve the issue. Hope this works for you.
n8sb
Guide
Guide
I had already tried that as well. Turned out is was how my Eero was handling 2.4 and 5ghz signals
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation