Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Al_bluelinedive
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the arlo 2 with 30 day subscription being monitored on a samsung galaxy 8, Suddenly after the app updated for package detection, I get alerts, when I check them, up to an hour later, no clip in library. I can see people on my driveway and at my door, and have no idea!

I also have a USB hard drive attached.

So whatever you changed on the update, please unchange it!

Is there a fix to this or do I nowt just have a passive Camera system that won't record??
8 REPLIES 8
Al_bluelinedive
Aspirant
Aspirant
Solved.

Hard reset prompted a firmware upgrade that for some reason wasnt otherwise available via the app or Web login.

With FW upgrade, appears all corrected. Bit of a pain when you're away on hols but fixed now...
TheePlanB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am I understanding this correctly?  Do a hard reset to get latest fix or firmware?  

Al_bluelinedive
Aspirant
Aspirant

By doing the hard reset, it prompted me to upgrade the firmware to the latest version.  For some reason, in the version I had, it wasnt prompting the upgrade.

Johanhudik
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this exact problem. Just can’t figure out why.
Al_bluelinedive
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was super frustrating while I was away on holidays and not able to do the reset, and problematic if something had happened!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If away from home and suspecting an issue, a good thing to try is to remotely restart the base.

Al_bluelinedive
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried that, didn't work
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using Smart? If so, disable the cameras in the Smart settings.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation