Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had this issue on May 21 and it is back again

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras I have 3 cameras on one Base Station and 2 camera's on another Base Station.

The one with 3 camera's show that they are recording and I get yellow man running,

But it does not save to Library.

Also it shows when I look at overview of cameras (lower left) 1Min or just now so it is recording something. And you see the image of what it did record 

I can not find the footage.

I have rebooted get all lights green on base station so that looks good

I am stumped what is going on

Is there a new filmware happening or what???????

Anyone having same issue  Date May 21, 2019  6:00 PM Eastern Standard time now new date May 23, 2019 5:30 PM EST 

291 REPLIES 291
The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo is a novelty web cam product they have improperly marketted as a legitmiate security solution.  It is not.  Don't let them mislead you.  Customers should NOT purchase Arlo products with the assumption they are reliable security cameras.

Regards,
The Wraith
StuG_1944
Initiate
Initiate

I'm in the same boat as you all. A couple days ago someone tried to open my front door. I saw the screen shot on my phone's app. and went to my cloud storage to see what happened or where this suspect went. The videos were not being saved. From around 10am until 3pm no videos were being stored to the cloud. (I came on the forum and multiple users had the same issue.)  I have no idea why someone was trying to open my front door but the camera system I bought for this reason doesn't do it's job.

Right now again.... 

I heard a knock at the door and the Arlo notification is showing on my phone. I went to the cloud storage and there are no videos saved from today. I also cannot connect to the that camera right now. I can connect to the cameras inside the residence but this one is stuck in "connecting". No amount of of router, hub, or camera resets is working.

The problem camera is the one in the center. This is all it does when trying to live view.

Capture.JPG

Showard
Initiate
Initiate
They need to improve their system downtime/outage communication period or they are going to start losing customers quickly me being one of them. I just got an email from another camera company that have the wireless cameras and cheaper than what I paid for these, and no subscription. I have to maintain the service myself which I am ok with.
Kadams2003
Tutor
Tutor

Interested to hear the name of this new company.

kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo is a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen.

scared2upgrade
Tutor
Tutor

I'm pretty sure some young kids are running the show over there.  Since the last round of issues, motion detection in my garage has completely stopped. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes, please. I had enough of this rubbish.

Rgillbilly
Guide
Guide

Who is putting all the conversations into one lump convo?

And never replying to any problems?

Everybody totally fuked...

Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm still not getting motion and library. How's everyone else doing?
StuG_1944
Initiate
Initiate

I got my camera back online by removing the battery and resyncing the entire camera again. It seemed like everything was working... But today Fedex dropped off a package and Arlo sent a notification. I logged in and saw the live view... When I went into the Cloud....nothing....

Apprentice
Apprentice

Anyone else still having problems with no notifications nor library videos? For over a week one of my cams is not performing.

I’m tired of troubleshooting.  An observation is the motion icon in the app turns orange so the cam does seem to be detecting motion when there is motion but again no notifications nor video in library. Also when set to send email if there is motion there is no email.

Apprentice
Apprentice

Just checking in with everyone. Mine is still nor working -- no motion notifications nor library videos. Audio does work however as does setting an adjacant cam to trigger motion on the cam not performing. 

Has anyone made any progress? L2 support ditched me and never called back. Have you had any meaningful help?

Apprentice
Apprentice
Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just got everything up and running again. While down I played with every setting possible including sensitivity, modes and zones. I finally disconnected everything and took it over to my son-in-laws. He put it on his arlo system, nada. Used my base and camera and then he removed the zones I created(I only created them when it was not working right) and voila, suddenly it came back up. I brought it home today, had to resinc the base and cameras and tonight all is well.
Icebird
Aspirant
Aspirant
Managed to resolve the issue - took the battery out of the camera, removed the camera from the base station via the app. Then reinserted battery and added the camera back to the base station
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, unfortunately, I never set up any zones. So still no fix.

@Fun-Girl wrote:
I just got everything up and running again. While down I played with every setting possible including sensitivity, modes and zones. I finally disconnected everything and took it over to my son-in-laws. He put it on his arlo system, nada. Used my base and camera and then he removed the zones I created(I only created them when it was not working right) and voila, suddenly it came back up. I brought it home today, had to resinc the base and cameras and tonight all is well.

Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
I never had zones until I was getting no notifications or library items so it seems that was a fluke and I really don't think it was the zones. After rereading all the prior posts,I'm beginning to think it may have been the 2 hr drive to my daughters house. I noticed "Anjos" above said he disconnected for an hour. Wonder if that's the wild card, because I previously unplugged for only a few minutes to 10 min. The 2 hr car ride might have been the trick (although my arlo 3030 is still not recording or sending push, it wasn't before all this either Live and manual record only) so I still have a ticket in. Hope you get some answers soon.
Anjos
Star
Star
As of last night, my notifications were not working properly. At least the videos are still showing up in the library.
sfdfg
Star
Star
Yeah, can't say I'd noticed this too much amidst all the other image quality problems the latest version of firmware has introduced but one of my Arlo cameras is currently showing an image taken 14 hours ago in which both mine and my wife's cars are seen sitting on our drive. All well and good, except I got in mine and drove off about 2 1/2 hours ago and my wife and kids left in her car 30 minutes ago!

They've really screwed our cameras up, haven't they?
MillstheMan
Tutor
Tutor

Hi mate I have had the same issue with my Arlo pro 2 system just randomly not recording.  I have tried all sorts of things to narrow down the issue, but to be honest, it's time that I now take this back and demand a refund.  I have replaced and changed the batteries, re-synced the cameras, reset the base station, changed camera settings etc etc.  In my view, I firmly believe that Arlo have some major issues with their platform that need to be resolved and I wouldn't be surprised if they released updates that have clobberd features that used to work fine.  

I have spent time reading many articles from people having the same issues, and they have tried everything you can think of, but it is simply not good enough that we have to experience these problems.  I'm now seeking alternatives.  

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

They sure did screw up our cameras and service. I will be canceling my pro service this year and getting new cameras. Maybe just do all Ring or Blink. Arlo has too many issues starting this year for some reason and it's constant. I have no more patience troubleshooting Arlo internal issues and calling in support. I had probably spent over 12 hours this year on the phone with Arlo support. 

Their stock price tells it all. Maybe someone will buy them out and really put emphasis on improving their service. These cameras we pay are not cheap.. and it doesn't work.

arlostock.PNG

Rgillbilly
Guide
Guide
EufyCam

Haven't had any issues at all since we left arlo 🙂

Center mass detected at 60' and 140° field of view.
All around win/win!
Rgillbilly
Guide
Guide
Only thing Arlo gave us was a headache and a nifty badge!
Grapes4621
Tutor
Tutor

I can view a  recording live but it does not appear in library...HELP? All I did was change the battery...and I have tried all suggested fixes that I could find. THX

Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
The sad thing is that after trying everything suggested the cameras begin to work as designed but within hours of all the high fives, down it goes again, so apparently it's not my dedication to pursuing a solution but more like a short term fluke. It's been hell since 5/24 and I'm ready to redbox the whole thing and demand a refund.