Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had this issue on May 21 and it is back again

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras I have 3 cameras on one Base Station and 2 camera's on another Base Station.

The one with 3 camera's show that they are recording and I get yellow man running,

But it does not save to Library.

Also it shows when I look at overview of cameras (lower left) 1Min or just now so it is recording something. And you see the image of what it did record 

I can not find the footage.

I have rebooted get all lights green on base station so that looks good

I am stumped what is going on

Is there a new filmware happening or what???????

Anyone having same issue  Date May 21, 2019  6:00 PM Eastern Standard time now new date May 23, 2019 5:30 PM EST 

291 REPLIES 291
oldtruck1934
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening to me as well.  I think there is a Arlo problem

@Hansond2 wrote:
I’ve noticed I no longer get any notifications on my cameras when motion is detected. They are viewable but there is no alert or saving of movement that is detected.

yahski
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  All 4 of my cameras no longer alert to motion.

Aviator10
Guide
Guide

and the clock keeps ticking... tick, tick, tick. No responce or an update we were promised. 

Update as of 4:45pm PST:

Our team continues to work on the reported issue where some customers are unable to receive notifications or view video recordings. We appreciate your continued patience as our team continues to resolve this issue.

We will provide an update within the next hour. You may check on the current status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/

Thank you,

Arlo Team

yahski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Partial Outage Affecting Notifications and Video Recordings
Update as of 4:45pm PST:

Our team continues to work on the reported issue where some customers are unable to receive notifications or view video recordings. We appreciate your continued patience as our team continues to resolve this issue.

We will provide an update within the next hour. You may check on the current status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/

Thank you,

Arlo Team

DjFreddyD
Guide
Guide

I will not expect a resolution in the next hour or two, they pushed firmware out and now they have to fix that firmware or roll it back, this will take hours or even a day or two, especially on a holiday weekend.

The crooks and burglars are happy though when they discover that homes with Arlo's are vulnerable with none of their surveilance cameras working.

Arloperson44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got the Arlo Pro 2 with 4 cams. I can get the base station to detect on my app. However, when I try to sync any of the 4 cameras they will not show up on the app (even though the lighting behavior is showing that the sync worked). I have been going crazy trying to solve this. I even tried solving the issue by using a completely different internet connection and router at a different location. Nothing is showing up on my app. I can't see any of the cameras. Any potential solutions please share! I am currently on hold with Arlo for 94 minutes now (customer service seems awful so far) My base station is showing 3 green lights.  Please help

RM21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera's not detecting motion and the phone app is saying I have the smart plan which I don't.

hamstrasj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo was working on all my cameras for the past six months and then today it randomly stopped recording videos and sending push notifications. I restarted the base station, checked the motion test, and ensured the station mode is set to all cameras armed with video recording and push notifications enabled. Still doesn't work though. Any ideas?

Irish74
Initiate
Initiate
My Arlo is not recording but is notifying me of recordings.
Jefsky1
Guide
Guide

My Arlo camera's stopped recording on motion. I have restarted the base station several times and re-synced al the cameras. They are all on and online. I can watch live stream from them. When I step in front of the cameras the red led's light up but no video and no notifications. This issue randdomly started a few hours ago.  VMB3000

myar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Extermely frustrating. All of sudden my camera's cant connect to my base unit. It stopped working. I cant tell if its because of a network outage on the Arlo side or its on my side. My internet connect appears to be working fine.

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lets hope the crooks and burglars don't have an Arlo account or are monitoring this problem issue discussion.  

And on a bright note some Arlo employees are probably getting overtime or double time for their hard work to fix it.

DCS36
Star
Star

We should all be requesting a refund for unprovided services. The longer they are down the more they owe us. When I worked in their industry, we were contracted to resolve any issues within 3 hrs, per our SLA’s. If we did not fix the issue within 3 hrs, we had to pay our affected customer’s. The longer they were down the more we paid them. You can bet, we did not leave the office until the issue was fixed either. In this industry there is no such thing as a “vacation”, it’s a 24/7 job, 365 days a year, period!

We have purchased Arlo’s services to secure our homes, if they are not providing that service, then they need to reimburse us for the lack of service!

Their lack of a fix at this point is completely unacceptable!

Aviator10
Guide
Guide

Not hard enough

WizardOne
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was working till about 10:30AM this morning. Not recording now.

Stacyjb24
Guide
Guide
Issues recording video since 5/17/19. Nothing is being saved in the library. I have re synced cameras rebooted router and base station. It's really disappointing to need a service and it's not available after the service has been paid for.
Skiweasel7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correction:  Motion did not stop the live feed.  The live feed just stops after about 15 seconds. 

New: Video will also not record when I change the rules to record by sound (device view shows speaker is black).  So both sound and motion will not record.

noshotnick
Initiate
Initiate

Mine hasnt work since around 230 est....Ive tried everything

62Hemi
Star
Star

im having same issues

oldtruck1934
Aspirant
Aspirant

Terrific Email notification and response

bjphillips
Initiate
Initiate
Same here. This is not the first time this happened. Seems to be happening more and more frequently. Have always been able to resolve in the past by re-setting base station and / or re-synching cameras. Not this time. Nothing I've tried has worked. Arlo is rapidly becoming totally unreliable as a "security" system.
Le143
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue, started recently within the past couple of days.
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Don't sweat it out. Arlo servers having issues at the moment. They suck.

Aviator10
Guide
Guide

Is this back up?

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am starting to get videos saved to my library so hopefully they are doing and continue to get this issue corrected.

For me I will have to see what the morning brings.  

Either I get my recordings and can see what happend throught the night

I hope others are starting to see some  positive results