Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had this issue on May 21 and it is back again

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras I have 3 cameras on one Base Station and 2 camera's on another Base Station.

The one with 3 camera's show that they are recording and I get yellow man running,

But it does not save to Library.

Also it shows when I look at overview of cameras (lower left) 1Min or just now so it is recording something. And you see the image of what it did record 

I can not find the footage.

I have rebooted get all lights green on base station so that looks good

I am stumped what is going on

Is there a new filmware happening or what???????

Anyone having same issue  Date May 21, 2019  6:00 PM Eastern Standard time now new date May 23, 2019 5:30 PM EST 

291 REPLIES 291
Mariumbegum
Initiate
Initiate

It's been a couple of hours now. I noticed this happens more than once, and I reset the base station and it works fine but starts acting up again a couple of days later. 

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
There are some system issues.

We are aware of a potential issue with notifications and video recordings that is impacting some customers. Our team is actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Arlo Team
RAM3
Guide
Guide

This is completely unacceptable 

Mariumbegum
Initiate
Initiate

I hope your company knows how HORRIBLE this is!!! I put this camera for the security of my house, and this is not the first time this happened. I'm worried what if someone broke into my house one day and I was not able to get the recordings because of YOUR system issues. 

RobKelly
Guide
Guide

Videos not recording. Videos stopped recording this afternoon. Email notifications contain videos that are 5 days old.

cswmama1
Tutor
Tutor

Once again I am having the same problem. No notifications and no video.    This is getting tiresome. Makes you wish you had bought a different product

CWil
Initiate
Initiate
Hi all, our cameras stopped working this afternoon. If you walk in front of them while looking at the app the little icon will show up yellow that there’s motion but it won’t record it and it won’t send notifications. I know you can’t be in the app and get notifications but I wanted to look to see if it was even sensing motion. I checked the internet connection and it’s good, I reset the base, and I reset the camera by pulling the battery and re-syncing to the base and still nothing. Any ideas what to try next or how to fix this?
DjFreddyD
Guide
Guide

Mine has stopped recording as well, all 5 of my cameras, removing them and re-syncing does not resolve the issue.

Aviator10
Guide
Guide

"We will provide an update within the next hour." It's been over an hour... all I wanted was to set up some cameras tonight. The support is very hard to access, community page is hard to navigate. Bloody disgrace Arlo.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

They have a known issue and are "trying" to fix it. I am still without recordings or motion sensing or notifications since 3:45pm. I can get manual recordings to show up, but after a few minutes, the cams stop 'LIVE' and I have to connect again.

I wish they'd get on it and fix it!

Bridog
Tutor
Tutor
I don’t want a badge
I just want my cameras to work
Dbc516
Star
Star
DjFreddyD
Guide
Guide

DO NOT REMOVE YOUR CAMERAS thinking that re-syncing them will work, this issue also prevents you from re-syncing your cameras.

Priyank
Aspirant
Aspirant
From this morning I am actually not receiving any notification from arlo regarding motion detection. Please help me with that.
hclihn
Initiate
Initiate

Dear Sir at Arlo:

I have not received any notifications nor recodings from my cameras on Arlo's server since 5/23/2019. I happened to have a USB stick on my base station. When I checked recodings on my USB stick, I saw all the missing videos including when I was checking my cameras. I tried rebooting my base station, but it did not resolve the missing notification and recording problem. It is clearly the Arlo server's issue. Please check your server and fix this issue ASAP.

From my past encontering of similar issues on my Arlo, it was always fixed when you checked your server and proved that it's the server's issue, not on my end.

With the recent changes on the subsription plan (renaming the Basic Subscription to No Subscription), please consider moving faster to offer us the access to our local recordings on the USB stick of base station. That would make people who don't want t move to your paid cloud subscrition very happy. If we can't access any recorded video from either form (cloud or local), than it would render this product useless.

Thanks,

Hung-chi Lihn.  

daytonagal1
Star
Star

Going on 5 hrs now, nothing.  Stopped getting notifications.  This is BS.  I bet no one is even working on the problem.  Time to find a new security system.  Won’t recommend this product to anyone.  Arlo you suck!  

kassiebro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unknown to me, my arlo cameras havent detected motion in 2 days. I had a packaged deliveried today and nothing went off.

I currently have the old base station and 4 cameras linked to it (2 originial arlo cameras, 1 Arlo Pro, and 1 Arlo Pro 2.)

I eventually have gotten all 4 cameras back online, but none are detecting/ recording motion. All are set to 100% sensitivy to motion. 

I have reset the cameras multiple times, restarted the base station, restarted my internet, un-installed and resinstalled all devices and still the only thing that I can do is view my cameras live.

Any one out there got a fix?

DonnyDon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Removed one of my devices to test and now it won’t even discover it.
Aviator10
Guide
Guide

Same, I connected 1 camera last night to test it and now my others won't connect.

abebaby24
Guide
Guide

ok cool, its not just me. get it together arlo or i will give you 0 stars and change my security system

Hansond2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve noticed I no longer get any notifications on my cameras when motion is detected. They are viewable but there is no alert or saving of movement that is detected.
Skiweasel7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar issue.  I have no recordings after 1:19pm PDT from motion detection (red lights do not turn on).  To troubleshoot I did the following:

Rebooted the base

Deleted "Rules"

Added "Rules"

Checked Live Feed (works)

Recorded Live Feed (that shows up in libary)

Live Feed stops when motion is detected

Devices are armed, in devices: the "moving ball" (was "Running man") is black (not grayed out) - still not activating video!

Arlo is reporting issues: https://status.arlo.com/

I assume it is an Arlo issue for an update.  If not, hopefully someone has some suggestions.

shoplifter
Guide
Guide
There is currently an outage.

Notifications and video recording functionality have been intermittently down for at least eight hours now. This is absolutely unacceptable for a product designed and sold as a BABY MONITOR, in my case.

What's even worse is that I had to come to the community to even find this out. Netgear/Arlo could and *should* have sent this information in a proactive fashion to customers. It's absolutely shocking that they would be so nonchalant about the non-functionality of a CHILD SAFETY MONITOR.
oldtruck1934
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of 10:30 this morning I am not getting any notification from the base station.  Is anyone else having this problem?

shoplifter
Guide
Guide
There is currently an outage.

Notifications and video recording functionality have been down for eight hours+. This is absolutely unacceptable for a product designed and sold as a BABY MONITOR, in my case.

What's even worse is that I had to come to the community to even find this out. Netgear/Arlo could and *should* have sent this information in a proactive fashion to customers. It's absolutely shocking that they would be so nonchalant about the non-functionality of a CHILD SAFETY MONITOR.