Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had this issue on May 21 and it is back again

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras I have 3 cameras on one Base Station and 2 camera's on another Base Station.

The one with 3 camera's show that they are recording and I get yellow man running,

But it does not save to Library.

Also it shows when I look at overview of cameras (lower left) 1Min or just now so it is recording something. And you see the image of what it did record 

I can not find the footage.

I have rebooted get all lights green on base station so that looks good

I am stumped what is going on

Is there a new filmware happening or what???????

Anyone having same issue  Date May 21, 2019  6:00 PM Eastern Standard time now new date May 23, 2019 5:30 PM EST 

291 REPLIES 291
Aviator10
Guide
Guide
Hello, my Arlo pro 2 cameras are not connecting. My base is all setup and configured to the internet. Both lights begin flashing then the camera rapidly flashes blue for 3 seconds but never connects. I have tried power cycling the system as well as pressing and doing a reset
Chrispau
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue.

No notifications and no recordings, while the camera seems to pick up movements or sounds as I can see from the icons in the app if I try the app.

Seems something going wrong on Arlo servers !
Bridog
Tutor
Tutor
All four cameras aren’t working
no motion detection
what’s going on
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep same here. Arlo server issue maybe?

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here are my latest version for the following  are other people different or is this up to date

Base Station Firmware 

1.12.2.1_2798

Camera’s 
1.092.0.23_32920

Mobile App 
2.7.6(44)

I view it though Safari, or Chrome or Firefox 

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes I posted in a other forum arlo pro and the whole post was removed also this is flat out BS. I am going out of town this weekend and now I wont have any cameras so now there gone for the 3 day weekend and nothing will get fixed. E-MAIL the CEO hahahaha that will get deleted also just like this one soon.

Dogdollar
Tutor
Tutor
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have the same problem, typical Arlo wont leave nothing alone they try to fix one thing and break 2 others. What they need to do is FIRE all there tech people and start over cause its evident they don't know how to program or fix issues. Holiday weekend coming up and the cameras are broke, are they working with criminals to break the system for the holidays so no one will get detected? Iam so pissed right now over this cause there gone for the weekend and wont be back till Tuesday.

This thread will get deleted soon as to the others.

Binaryfool
Star
Star

I'm experiencing multiple issues with my Arlo 2 set.

First issue started last night when I had trouble connecting to a camera in the garage. Since it was late, I ignored it.

I woke up this morning and there were recordings from two other cameras (driveway and backyard) but not my garage. So I tested the garage camera, replaced the battery, restarted the base unit, restarted my cable modem, and router but that didn't fix the issue. At this point It can detect movement when I tested with motion detection under device utility but no notification or recording.

As this has happened in the past, I tried to do what I did last time to fix it. I removed the device from my base, but now I'm unable to add the device back to my base. Based on the lighting sequences on both base unit and garage camera, sync went fine but the camera is not added to my base. I have tried to do this both on the web browser and my mobile app. Mobile app flat out says it can detect the base unit but not the camera.

I'm starting to get worried since I'm going on vacation soon so I did a walk around the house, which brings me to the second problem . Now none of my cameras detect, record, or notify, NONE!

I ran motion detection from device utility and all seems to work fine. However, when I armed them none of them works.

My firmware are up to date on my base unit, my cameras, and my Arlo mobile app is up to date with yesterday's update (2.7.11). 

Rgillbilly
Guide
Guide

Just spent HOURS trying to figure out why our cameras aren't recording with motion detection or sound detection and we haven't even owned then for 24hours!!! Phone support for first 90 days and 89 days left LOL

$800+ for manual recording is a rather steep price to pay!

Been on hold forever and am still 72nd in the que!

Arlo owes me money for this headache and if wife has her way...she will be boxing this junk up and returning today when she gets home.

Is this like a bad joke or something Arlo? An omen to return now while we still can?

horrendous

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
They are aware of the issue.

We are aware of a potential issue with notifications and video recordings that is impacting some customers. Our team is actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. You may check on the current status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/ Thank you, Arlo Team
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

They seem to be aware of the issue in a thread.

"We are aware of a potential issue with notifications and video recordings that is impacting some customers. Our team is actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. You may check on the current status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/ Thank you, Arlo Team"

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo seems to experiencing system issues today.

We are aware of a potential issue with notifications and video recordings that is impacting some customers. Our team is actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. You may check on the current status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/ Thank you, Arlo Team
Dannybear
Master
Master
I don’t believe the posts themselves are deleted. I have seen mine get moved to other threads or forum boards.
Someone does a tidy up at times to condense the threads into one I expect.
Not sure why but would be nice if the forum moderators can explain their intent going forward.

Edit:
After posting the above this post has been redirected and so has lost the post I was replying too.
Endless_Searchd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, my 3x Camera Setup stopped recording.  All 3 cameras will not record when detecting motion; I can record manually if I want.

Through the Arlo App on my computer:  I am in ARMED mode (Running man Black), I can go live video,  cameras can detect that there's motion (motion icon turns orange), cameras show trying to record (usb turns orange) but recording doesn't show up in my library,  I've tried rebooting the base station...

Any fixes?  I do not want to remove all devices and delete the base station (which at this point I would consider the Arlo Pro 2 a defective product and would not recommend it friends).

Aviator10
Guide
Guide
Brutal customer service as well, I already regret the purchase.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our team continues to work on the reported issue where some customers are unable to receive notifications or view video recordings. We appreciate your continued patience as our team continues to resolve this issue.

We will provide an update within the next hour. You may check on the current status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/

Thank you,

Arlo Team

Updates posted here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Announcements/Partial-Outage-Affecting-Notifications-and-Video-Recordi...

kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

@migman_2001 wrote:

It's not only notifications and video recordings. We're unable to add/sync the camera to the base as well.

Jeterman1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Roll out the changes to software from 2 days ago. Never had an issue before now have multiple issues with system , base and video since rollin software change. Asking all kinds of new info to input. Roll out the change, it doesn’t matter work. Doesn’t anyone QA the changes before the rollin to go live ????
fumadilo
Tutor
Tutor

I started having this issue today as well with my Arlo Pro cameras (not Arlo Pro 2).

junkarlosucks
Aspirant
Aspirant
Set up base station on working. Connected camera lights blink than fast blink than base station said they are connected. But go to app. No live picture etc. Tried everything
Called help line. What a joke to talk to broken English 3rd world country children to try and help me with the problem. I was told to wait 48 hours for a firmware update....???!!!!!
WTF!!! What a joke!
Took the crap back to bestbuy got another one still nothing about to return until it works at lest I’ll wipe out the stock at Best Buy so no one else gets this crap!
Binaryfool
Star
Star

@kasnh wrote:

@migman_2001 wrote:

It's not only notifications and video recordings. We're unable to add/sync the camera to the base as well.

Yes, I hope this also get looked at and fixed along with other issues. I can no longer add or sync new camera to my base unit.

ADshield
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras stop recording ...no videos

RAM3
Guide
Guide

Arlo pro cameras not recording or alerting in 3 days! Reboot not woring, repairing is not working. Why is Arlo not notifying customers if there is an outage? This is bad service recovery. Anyone else experiencing these problems?

snowolfe
Initiate
Initiate

So I upgraded to the 9.99 a month plan. Suddenly NO motion detection. Downgraded. No motion detection! Was working perfectly fine till I upgraded the fricken plan! WTH!