Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had this issue on May 21 and it is back again

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras I have 3 cameras on one Base Station and 2 camera's on another Base Station.

The one with 3 camera's show that they are recording and I get yellow man running,

But it does not save to Library.

Also it shows when I look at overview of cameras (lower left) 1Min or just now so it is recording something. And you see the image of what it did record 

I can not find the footage.

I have rebooted get all lights green on base station so that looks good

I am stumped what is going on

Is there a new filmware happening or what???????

Anyone having same issue  Date May 21, 2019  6:00 PM Eastern Standard time now new date May 23, 2019 5:30 PM EST 

291 REPLIES 291
njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

All notifications and motions recodings have stopped on my pro and 4k cameras approximately 2 hours ago. Anyone else seeing the same?

drewguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. Cameras work, just stopped getting recordings and notifications some time around 1pm EDT. Everything had been working as expected for last few months so issue must be at Arlo/Netgear end
XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Cameras have stopped recording.  They detect motion.  The infrared lights turn on.  The cameras appear to be recording, but I see nothing in the library.   

Are your servers down ? 

Is this issue related to the Activity Zone problems ?

@JamesC 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
irishsancho
Tutor
Tutor

Is it likely that when the outage is fixed the recording will be there? A neighbour of mine was burgled this evening whilst I was away, itI will be on the recording from my front door camera.

pdschee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will we be notified when the system is back up ?

Washermaker123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello we are having some issues with my arlo cameras and registering them with the system.  The first problem was that one of my arlo cameras was detecting motion but not recording any videos and putting it into cloud.  To try to fix the problem, we tried removing the camera from the base station but then after we removed the camera from the base station, we were having a hard time putting it back to the system.  We then tried to remove the base station and put back all the cameras to the base station.  Now none of the cameras are working and registering with the base station.  The blue light does appear when we click the button on the cameras after we click the button on the base station, but the camera still doesn’t appear in the system.   Also, I tried getting arlo  through live chat but for some reason even though we click the link to chat and another window opens, a representative would never show up.  I waited 20 minutes and the window was still blank.   I tried sending an email but everytime we try to send an email it says "error, please contact support" which we can't do because live chat doesn't work and the phone lines are busy,  Is anyone else having trouble contacting support and can anyone help me register my cameras with the base station?

Kitsab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I tried to send an email to support but always recevied a message, that something went wrong.
I ran a Arlo base station with 5 Arlo Pro 2 attached. Since last battery reacharge one camera is not reacting on any movement anymore. The camera wasn't reposisoned and the movement was detected prior in the installed position.
I performed a motion test where the orange LED should blink upon movment, I adjusted the sensibility between 60 and 100% - no change. I took out the battery and restarted the camera, no improvement. The motion sensitivity is set to 80% for this camera prior to the issue.
What else can I do? Is the camera faulty?
Thanks and best regars

Kitsab

vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, I spent an hour or so, and 2 reboots of the base station. I am also getting motion detection but no recording in my library.

Then I decided to check here in the Community. I see I am not the only one with an issue. 

this was happenng on-and-off all day , but has been NOT functioning for about the past 2 hours.

Labikes
Star
Star

Cameras have not been recording or notifying since Saturday May 18 and no solution in place, this is unacceptable. It should not take so long. Stop making changes and updates to the software, problem happens everytime you guys make changes. Please help. 

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have the same problem, typical Arlo wont leave nothing alone they try to fix one thing and break 2 others. What they need to do is FIRE all there tech people and start over cause its evident they don't know how to program or fix issues. Holiday weekend coming up and the cameras are broke, are they working with criminals to break the system for the holidays so no one will get detected?  Iam so pissed right now over this cause there gone for the weekend and wont be back till Tuesday.

daytonagal1
Star
Star

If they were any kind of company they should stay and fix the problem regardless if it is a holiday weekend!  What good are the cameras if they don’t work for the next 3 days.  Makes you feel really safe.  

Shipit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same proglem.  My guess is it's related to the current outages.  It's infuriating there were no alerts, emails, notifications of this outage.  I removed all cameras and base station.  Now, I am unable to add cameras to my base station. This is horrible service!

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

The part that sux is the fact that I paid over 1k for the whole shebang and a monthly subscription for 10 cameras. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have the same problem, typical Arlo wont leave nothing alone they try to fix one thing and break 2 others. What they need to do is FIRE all there tech people and start over cause its evident they don't know how to program or fix issues. Holiday weekend coming up and the cameras are broke, are they working with criminals to break the system for the holidays so no one will get detected? Iam so pissed right now over this cause there gone for the weekend and wont be back till Tuesday.

Apprentice
Apprentice

1) Some cams have been down since the 23rd

2) Arlo didnt come clean on this until today when the complaints overwhelm them

3) I had to register as they didnt like my post

4) File a BBB Compaint to kick them in the ass for this BS

Studio46
Initiate
Initiate

We are having the same issue, just started today 5/24/19 at around 2:00 this afternoon.  Haven't had a recording since and I've verified that everything is online, rebooted, including wifi & router devices.  I can see the cameras detecting motion but they are not recording, so no updates and library is blank since around 2:00 this afternoon.   I'm also on hold with Support and I'm the 49th person in the queue.    

Arlo --   Is there a larger issue going on right now??  

Apprentice
Apprentice

They deleted my first post about have one cam out on the 23rd. Now its all of them. I spent hours reading all threads and then troubleshooting before posting. **bleep** Arlo. They can read about this in the Wall Street Journal as I have screenshots of posts being deleted to play down the outage. What an unethical company. 

SheikhZaman
Aspirant
Aspirant
My 2 cameras have same issue. 2 days back no recording and today no notification no recording. Please Arlo be serious and don't mess up everything. I have spent lots of money to buy the cameras and accessories. And I am not getting the service as promised.
Ythao
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo pro 2 keeps on not recording. Why does it keeps doing that. At one point it’ll record but later it’ll stop recording motion thereafter. What do I do?
walmzd
Aspirant
Aspirant

The moment I subscribed to Arlo Smart Premier Plan (I used the one month trial), the cameras stopped recording and save to library!

I've checked the mode (Armed) and both Cameras have the the right Rule (Motion is detected) enabled. Both Cameras are dicovered in the Base & I can wantch live videos on both Cameras!

Studio46
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here, and just found their status site, which states they are experiencing an issue and are actively investigating it now.   

https://status.arlo.com

TrinityHammond
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo had 2 working cameras. Reinstalled 3 camera and now none of the record

Reset all of the to armed and still do not record.

They work in live mode only.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue
harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now nothing is being recorded. Earlier most of my recordings were not able to be viewed. Now a few hours later, I cant get any recordings.??? Arlo I have lost all hope with you. Nothing is working right for months.