Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had this issue on May 21 and it is back again

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras I have 3 cameras on one Base Station and 2 camera's on another Base Station.

The one with 3 camera's show that they are recording and I get yellow man running,

But it does not save to Library.

Also it shows when I look at overview of cameras (lower left) 1Min or just now so it is recording something. And you see the image of what it did record 

I can not find the footage.

I have rebooted get all lights green on base station so that looks good

I am stumped what is going on

Is there a new filmware happening or what???????

Anyone having same issue  Date May 21, 2019  6:00 PM Eastern Standard time now new date May 23, 2019 5:30 PM EST 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update as of pm 9pm PST/May 24, 2019: As previously reported, some customers were unable to receive notifications and/or view video clips. Services are now restored, but it may be possible that some videos recorded between 12pm to 7:20pm PST/May 24, 2019, will not be viewable in users’ libraries.

We sincerely apologize for this service disruption and want you to know that our team will continue monitoring and actively managing our systems to maintain the best possible performance at all times.

You can check on the latest status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/

Thank you,

Arlo Team

View solution in original post

291 REPLIES 291
I3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this problem since this morning May 24 NZ time zone.

I have tried to restart the base station and also reconnect the cameras but nothing seemed to work and I do get 

notifications about movements but no recordings on my library. 

Zx6MochaChic
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro 2 camera system is month old. Have been recording as expected. There is not a recording on one camera (front porch) for May 21, 2019. Battery 68%. All other cameras have recording throughout the day on 5/21/2019 except that one. There is always a recording on the front because for some reason a bird loves to fly up to the camera. I have search, but can't find a report made on this specific incident (one day of recording missing on a specific camera, but video is recorded for all other cameras. Also, I did not delete the recording for that camera.  

Apprentice
Apprentice

Anyone else getting this problem? Seems isolated to on of my cams. Is this a clould server issue? This cam was working perfectly until this morning. Thanks.

Jenis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since last night 23rd may the camera has stopped recording. It detects motion but no recording

Dannybear
Master
Master
Take a look at the base station time zone setting is set correctly, my system fell over for four hours and returned with a different time zone. If the same for you then set it back again and restart the base station.
Monitor again for the next day or so since users are reporting that it changes back again 24hrs later.
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep, same here. No recordings in the library since last night 5/23 around 8:40 pm PST. Time Zone is correct. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the motion indicator for the camera showing - black or gray? Gray means it's disarmed. Check your active mode and maybe toggle it off and back on. Reboot the base. You may need to pull the battery and reinsert, too.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What firmware version is your base station & cameras running? What version of the Arlo Mobile app are you using? Does the videos appear in your library through the web portal?

Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 2 cameras and both are not picking up sound nor motion. Connection is good. It worked fine until now. There is sound and movement in the house. How can i fix this?
419hamden
Tutor
Tutor
At 14:30 us eastern time notification are sent, but are not recorded.
sn0wballz
Star
Star
Is anyone else having a problem where the Arlo is detecting motion(I can see the motion icon in the app) but it isn’t actually recording or sending a notification?
sabVanj
Initiate
Initiate

Camera Blinking Yellow when Motion is detected but system is not sending notification and not even recording for all camera. Settings mode Notification and recording is turned on. 

Any advice? 

taylorshiver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,
One of my Arlo Pro cameras is updating me with old video footage. I know this as soon as I see the email notification, as there is no American Flag (new) in view.

Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
No notifications. Live is ok. Worked fine this AM
Aggie88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same for me.  I was getting alerts this morning but not now.  I noticed this about 2 hours ago.

MJ222
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo recent firmware upgrade is definately gone very wrong, as after the upgrade i was getting no notifications and no vedios, then i realized they were appearing 1 day back dated, which i realized it lost all my settings. I had to change the Time zone settings, and it looks like it is not arming and disarming itself in Geofencing mode. Every time when i leave or come in i have to manualy open the app and just change the modes back and forth and it realizes geofencing then. Arlo please you guys are doing false promises and wrecking your products intentionally so cheap of you guys.

Jim4F
Tutor
Tutor
It seems like the recent iOS release or base station update broke the “no subscription”, formerly Basic, plan. While I never signed up for a paid plan, the app is showing a settings alert and Arlo Smart subscription. Now no free recordings for last seven days to boot! What is going on NetGear?
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice
MoxieMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am suddenly getting no notifications or recordings after a recent update as well.  I think my issue is they changed the Basic Subscription plan name to "No Subscription" (which should operate the same) but then also changed my subscription model to "Arlo Smart"  which requires you to setup individual cameras to receive notifications etc - yet there are no cameras listed for me to add in the "Smart Notifications" section in Settings.  And I am unable to change my subscription plan from "Arlo Smart" to "No Subscription".

Aggie88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I'll bookmark this page.

Edward77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see the announcement in arlo status but I just need to  vent a bit on this.  This is the third time in the past few days there have been reliability  issues reported  with video and/or notifications which have impacted my system.  May 17th, May 21st and now May 24th.   Please work on improving reliability and reducing outages.   Thanks.  

peter555
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi... I'm having a simliar problem.

I noticed that a few days ago the email notifications looked a bit different.  Sometimes the emails didn't have any video thumbnail attached like they usually do.

Today I got an email notification, but with video from a few days ago.  Quite strange.  Hopefully it can be sorted out soon.

Thanks,

Peter

taylorshiver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good to know I am not alone.

The first one I saw, I was like what happened to my flag 🙂 

kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

"I am suddenly getting no notifications or recordings after a recent update as well.  I think my issue is they changed the Basic Subscription plan name to "No Subscription" (which should operate the same) but then also changed my subscription model to "Arlo Smart"  which requires you to setup individual cameras to receive notifications etc - yet there are no cameras listed for me to add in the "Smart Notifications" section in Settings.  And I am unable to change my subscription plan from "Arlo Smart" to "No Subscription"."

I also noticed this, In the Arlo app it shows that I have "Arlo Smart" but on a pc browser I have a "No Subscription".

Arlo is so messed up!