Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After Hour Alerts

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jpatton
Aspirant
Aspirant

HW Version VMB4000r3

Firmware 1.12.0.1_27940

I am using the Arlo Pro system in a business environment and am please with video quality and ease of use.  

My problem is that I want to record motion during the day and not receive alerts, however, I want motion to record and receive alerts after business hours.  Is this possible?  I don't want to have to continusely arm and disarm the system on a daily basis.  Geo-fencing is not a viable option as I am not always at the location during business hours.  Any suggestions?

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to set up a CUSTOM mode without alerts and then schedule the normal Armed mode when you want alerts and the custom mode when you don't

see the FAQs for custom modes and scheduling

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jpatton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your suggested solution will require a change in mode in the morning and evening, correct?

Rsthree
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar need. I don’t want to record and have alerts during business hour. Only need this for out of hours. How do I set this up?

i would need to set alerts / recording from 5.30pm to midnight and midnight to 8.30am but can’t see how two alert and recording Timezones can be set for same day.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

See the FAQ here on schedules and read others, such as custom modes, too.

Since you only want off-hours to record and alert, either edit the Armed mode to enable the alerts you need or create a custom mode with the cameras set as you need. Any camera without a rule is disarmed.

Then edit the schedule. Add a time period for the appropriate days and choose the appropriate mode for that time. A blank time period will disarm all cameras. Each day is handled individually so start with 12:00AM and end at 8:30AM. Then start a new time period at 5:30PM and end at 12:00AM. When done editing the schedule, select it as the active mode.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation