Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adobe flash player

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

When I want to log in to my account, and throughout my account, in the upper right is an icon with a small red x.

When I click on it, it says Flash was blocked on this page. Below that is run flash this time, Manage, and Done.

I click run this time and when I click on Manage, nothing there.

I have the current flash player installed on my computer.

How do I get that to stop appearing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Khone wrote:
Just don't understand why I keep getting the alert that Flash Player is blocked when I have the most current version installed and I don't get that on any other site I use.

This can happen when a PC has been compromised in some way. Those popups are sometimes fake. Click them and the sky falls in.

Tried a different browser?

Running Windows 7 is likely to create more of that sort of thing as Microsoft concentrates in Windows 10.

I have Windows 10 set up to look just like Windows 7.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Is this on a Windows PC?

Something else?

What browser? Tried a different one?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you michaelkenward for your response.

Yes, it is my desktop, using Win 7 x64 and Chrome for my browser.

Don't have that issue if I use my mobile, only the desktop. That icon doesn't appear when I'm in the forums.

Even with that, I can still view my cameras and go live with no problem. Just don't understand why I keep getting the alert that Flash Player is blocked when I have the most current version installed and I don't get that on any other site I use. I use Face Book to play games a lot and no problem there - only on Arlo.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Khone wrote:
Just don't understand why I keep getting the alert that Flash Player is blocked when I have the most current version installed and I don't get that on any other site I use.

This can happen when a PC has been compromised in some way. Those popups are sometimes fake. Click them and the sky falls in.

Tried a different browser?

Running Windows 7 is likely to create more of that sort of thing as Microsoft concentrates in Windows 10.

I have Windows 10 set up to look just like Windows 7.

Just another user
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Again, thank you michaelkenward for your quick reply.

I "keyed-in" on your 3rd sentence and decided to try IE instead of Chrome for my browser.

Logged-in to my account and the flash player warning I've been getting is no longer there.

Guess the problem is with Chrome even though I went through Chrome settings and made sure Flash Player was included. So, I'll continue to use IE.

As for Win 10, I'm old school and, as we said in the military, "if it works don't fix it". However, I have to get myself into the 21st century and get Win 10. I will not pay for it for this computer. I'll be in the market for a new one and will make sure Win 10 is already installed.

Will mark your last response as the solution. Have a great week.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see that red "x", too, although I have Flash enabled for arlo.netgear.com. It doesn't affect me as I can still use live view which is one of the few things that requires Flash. If you can use live view successfully, there's nothing else you need to do. If you can't use live view and you wish to continue using Chrome, let us know. You just need to enable it in the browser settings.

BTW, use of W7 is broken. Support stopped quite some time ago and is not secure. It's good that you're looking for a new computer with W10 since you really don't want to be part of the problem.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation