Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
born2fly145
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

To avoid subscriptions, I'm going to buy and add a VMC4030P to my older VMB4000 base station.  I also added a USB storage device to that base station, but I don't think that matters.  My new VMC2030-100NAS won't display video history in the app on this old base station and that's a deal breaker.  I'm buying an older VMC4030P and going to add it to my VMB4000 base station.  I'm assuming this will show local video history in the Arlo App without the need for a subscription.  Is this correct?  Also, needing to sell this two month old VMC2030 for anyone who needs one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@born2fly145 wrote:

To avoid subscriptions, I'm going to buy and add a VMC4030P to my older VMB4000 base station.

The Pro 2 has free 7-day cloud storage, as long as you have no more than 5 unsubscribed cameras in the account.  Based on your other post, you are below that ceiling, so you will be ok.

You are almost certainly getting a used camera.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@born2fly145 wrote:

To avoid subscriptions, I'm going to buy and add a VMC4030P to my older VMB4000 base station.

The Pro 2 has free 7-day cloud storage, as long as you have no more than 5 unsubscribed cameras in the account.  Based on your other post, you are below that ceiling, so you will be ok.

You are almost certainly getting a used camera.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation