Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ccramer002
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Pro 2. I added a smarthub and it worked fine. I switched ISPs and lost the connection to the smarthub and the associated camera. I have removed the devices from the app and proceeded to add them back. Following all instructions including a reset, the smarthub is not recognized. I have a light on my switch that says the Ethernet cable is connecting but that is it. It goes through the expected amber yo green light sequence. The smarthub doesn’t have its own power button. It has a rest and sync button only. Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What hub did you get? You list the VMB4000 which isn't considered a hub but a base station. Switching ISPs should have been an issue since the base/hub just needs an Ethernet connection out to the servers. Did you switch routers at the same time (i.e. it's owned by the ISP)? There have been problems at times when ISPs have certain settings that block access to arlo.com on ports 80, 123 and 443.

ccramer002
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the base station and cameras already connected and active. The smarthub that I had connected and was working no longer does. The VMB4000 choice was because there isn’t an option to create my own and to be specific.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So what hub model is it and what model camera is connected to it? WHat about the router - yours or the ISP's? Exactly what have you tried and what do you see? You say the switch port shows a connection but does the router show that an IP address has been assigned?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation