Add Arrive/Leave not available in one location

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jamess61
Guide
Guide

Arrive/Leave is available in one of my locations, but not in the other for some reason. I am using the new "Feed" version. When I go to Automations in either the phone app or the web browser, and select the + button it only displays "Add Schedule" and no option for "Add Arrive/Leave". Yet this is available in my other location. Looks like a product bug, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ah, that's the problem - a guest account can't do various things and apparently geofencing is one of them.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The web can't set up geofencing, just the app. Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app? Which app are you using?

jamess61
Guide
Guide

Thanks. Yes I have rebooted and reinstalled the app and still no "Add Arrive/Leave" available in second location. I am using android app and the second location is owned by another user (my parents) but is shared with me as Admin. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ah, that's the problem - a guest account can't do various things and apparently geofencing is one of them.

jamess61
Guide
Guide

Oh thanks. That really defeats the purpose of giving someone "admin" rights then. I am managing the system for my parents, who live far away and don't understand IT well. I will now have to talk them through the complicated setup of Arrive/Leave. Would've been helpful if Arlo had at least put a help note when adding guests to explain admin is restricted access, since it implies admin access. There isn't even a KB article explaining what admin can and can't do! A huge waste of my time trying to troubleshoot this, in addition to the work I will have to do to talk my parents through the setup 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The FAQ for what access rights allows is here:

https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...

To do what you want you need to log in with their credentials.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jamess61 wrote:

That really defeats the purpose of giving someone "admin" rights then. 

A good point, though I think there is some value in being able to share some rights, but not all.  So I'd say the issue is that "admin" simply isn't the right term.

One practical solution is for you to get their credentials, so you can occasionally log into their account and do what you need.

FWIW, a lot of things would be much easier if Arlo just allowed more than one login at a time.

jamess61
Guide
Guide

Thanks, although arrive/leave settings are not available in the web app and I get logged out every time my parents use their phone app, so remote use of their login is not possible. Not a great CX

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of their login should be only when needing to make a change to the system, not for normal viewing. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation