Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
lavarex2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just set up my Arlo Pro 2 system and sent my wife the link to grant her access to the system, but it doesn't seem to work. It just resets the page without the password typed in. She has created an account with the Arlo app and can log in on the her iPhone and on the mac, but the Access token link in the email doesn't work to allow her access to our system. I have tried using Chrome and erased all of my browsing data. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? We're receiving internal reports indicating that this issue should be resolved.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Hpeper3
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I send my husband the grant access link it won’t take his email and password but also won’t let him reset the password either. When he signs in with the app he has no problems
Dinag
Aspirant
Aspirant
Create account for friend to join is not working through email. How do I help him join
mecouch13
Tutor
Tutor

I have sent her the access request multiple times and she recieves the email with the instructions/link. She has created an account but when she clicks the link to gain access and enters her password the password simply deletes. It does not state that the passoword is incorrect or any other information. We have tried from her phone, a computer, and multiple internet browsers. Not to sure what we're doing wrong at this point.

ian3
Guide
Guide
Same here, it seems like everything requiring login through the website is completely broken. Can't log in, can't confirm invites, can't click password reset, can't click anything on any my.arlo.com pages which are required to do pretty much anything that aren't being done through an already logged in app.

Great introduction to the world of Arlo cameras... broken garbage everywhere.
thefro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whenever I get an invite to have access and click the link and try to sign in it does nothing it doesn't say that my password is wrong it just deletes my password and doesn't do anything I've tried getting a new invite and even made a new email without making an account with it and when I click the link it doesn't let me create an account

gcsbin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am facing the exact same problem while trying to give access to my family member. Someone help!

TacoTuesday
Star
Star

Your web access system is down.  I can't login from a normal browser to view my cameras.  I tried different browsers and different computers.  I receive no error messages.  It just doesn't take my login.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TacoTuesday wrote:

Your web access system is down.  I can't login from a normal browser to view my cameras.  I tried different browsers and different computers.  I receive no error messages.  It just doesn't take my login.

I've seen some other reports on this, but https://my.arlo.com is certainly working for me using Chrome on a Windows 10 PC.

It might depend on geography.  Are you located in the US? 

ian3
Guide
Guide

Try this as a test:

Invite a new user to a camera, click the invite link from within an email and then try logging in or creating a new account. Nothing works, the links aren't clickable and the page just flashes.

This occurs on any device, browser type, mobile or desktop, incognito or regular.

I am unable to invite anyone from my family or have them log in after attempting to invite them. The invite URL seems to break everything, no matter how clean or new the session, cookies or browser is.

Definitely not working as intended, I've tested and had this happen on 4 devices and 3 different browsers now. 100% of the time it fails. iOS, Android, Windows, Chrome, Safari, Brave, all regular with cookies cleared, and in incognito.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ian3,

I just ran a test exactly as you described sharing 1 camera with 1 new user. The invitation link within the email allowed me to log in without any issues.

Are you able to copy and past the link into your browser? When you say the invite URL seems to break everything, can you provide more detail? What breaks?

JamesC

ian3
Guide
Guide

By broken, I mean none of the links do anything. They just force the page to instantly refresh without any indication of it going through.

Clicking Create Account, clicking submit on the password reset page, or simply clicking Log In - they all result in the same exact instant page refresh. All clickable buttons on the page just force a refresh with no feedback, errors or notifications.

Password reset email is never sent, so it's obvious that the buttons/links aren't actually sending or posting the data from the form.

Copy-pasting the link into the browser triggers the same behaviors.

What browser did you try it with?

ShezaadN
Aspirant
Aspirant

having the EXACT same problem, cant for th elife of me set up my wifes phone to view the cameras i have set up on my account. As soon as i try to login with her account off the invite it stops and clears the login details.

Extremely frustrating, would be very helpful if Arlo support could tell us the solution, i just parted with £500 for this system and am already regretting it!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ian3,

I tested this using Chrome. I spoke internally with the dev team and they are aware of an issue that is affecting some users. I will provide an update once we have more information on the issue.

JamesC

ian3
Guide
Guide

Great, thank you. I just did a little screen capture test via Chrome on Windows 10 to demonstrate the issue, however the exact same behavior is present across any device and browser I've used.

Example here https://streamable.com/hyxuo

Finnmichigan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. We’ve tried with two different type mobile phones, two different mobile services and on a desktop. Making us very leery of the product we thought was the best for our home.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? We're receiving internal reports indicating that this issue should be resolved.

ian3
Guide
Guide

It appears to be working now, thanks to everyone who helped get it resolved.

TacoTuesday
Star
Star

It started working soon after I submitted the issue.  Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation