Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Paulmidi
Guide
Guide

If I got an Arlo extension cord and it still isn’t long enough can it be combined with another Arlo extension cord? And if it can how would you connect the two extension cords? How would that funny looking little end on an Arlo cord be connected to another cord to make length?
Thank You!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No they can't be combined, but you can get a USB extender cable....as long as used inside

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Paulmidi wrote:
If I got an Arlo extension cord and it still isn’t long enough can it be combined with another Arlo extension cord? And if it can how would you connect the two extension cords? How would that funny looking little end on an Arlo cord be connected to another cord to make length?
Thank You!

You could also try using an AC extension cord.  If this is outdoors, I found a product called SOCKiTBOX, that appears to offer a weather tight enclosure for connections like this.  There are likely other products similar to this.  I would think it might be preferable to do the extension on the AC side to minimize power loss between the power adapter and the camera, depending on the length required.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation